My shining star

My shining star

Friday 24 February 2017

Demonstrating to friends and distress oxide play.

Hello there! How are you? I hope you are happy! Feeling pretty good here. Thanks for your kind words on ysterdays post. Todays is the result of my day yesterday. After my swim I went over to pick up my friend Sue - she's one of my running buddies but also used to be my boss. We were going to meet at another former colleagues house (Julia) along with another chemistry teacher (Cheryl)! Julia had invited us over for lunch and demonstrations! Our brief was to do a demonstration for the others on something of our choice. I decided to make some backgrounds and introduced them to distress inks and also shaving foam backgrounds. Whilst there I also did some origami and played the ukelele. well when I say played .......


I stamped up the distress background I made with stamps from Visible image.


When I got home the postman had been - my new distress oxides had arrived - I got a few colours to play with - and had to make a background to put the topper above onto.


Here's the overall effect......


As you can see the finish is much more matt compared to the inks. I layered up the distress oxides - having wiped them across my craft mat and added spray of water. I also stamped with the orange distress oxide (think it was spiced marmalade) and it seemed to stamp well.


Here's another shot of that stamped image.

I am looking forward to playing some more - they do look like fun!!!


I'm off to the spa at whinfell forest today with brown owl! I hope its going to be a good one!

Hugs

Rachel xx

18 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards Rachel, the silhouettes look great against the distressed backgrounds and the oxide inks look very interesting! Will have to check them out, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful results Rachel and the 'rocker' looks amazing against that beautiful background. Just got my oxides yesterday, want to play now!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is very beautiful. Firm radiance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful colours Rachel, fabulous card, I love the design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Rachel. I have not bought the new Oxide inks as yet, but feel I might just have to give in and buy some. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card Rachel and loving the look of the Oxide inks. I need to get some of these ordered I think.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card Rachel, hope you enjoyed your spa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see you experimenting the new Distress oxides!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful sunny and bold colors on that central panel. Your play with your new Oxides looks quite productive! Mine are still in the package from the Funkie Junkie. Something to look forward to if I can ever dig out! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've not heard about these before Rachel. They look like fun. I'm sure your friends enjoyed the background and it sounds as if you must all have enjoyed your demos. The silhouette looks great on your background. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a fun afternoon with friends Rachel x love the topper and your DIO background looks wonderful. I can't wait to play

    Have a lovely weekend
    Annie x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous silhouette image and brilliant backgrounds
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful backgrounds Rachel, gorgeous colours - it sounds like you had a fabulous day.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great Rachel. I am goung to have to have a play with these new inks sometime
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving your backgrounds Rachel and your topper is brilliant..I hope you have a wonderful weekend dear lady..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow - fabulously fiery look to this - perfect for the image, and great to see you're also having fun with the Oxides!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  17. super cool...I can't wait to try these out!
    TFS,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, what a gorgeous card Rachel, loving the look of the oxoides. Mine have arrived but I've not had a chance to play yet.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx