My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 14 July 2016

Autumn lady from Chocolate baroque

Good morning to you! I hope you are well and happy. We are okay - my girls had a lovely afternoon yesterday at their sports day - they really enjoyed themselves! I of course loved it too - but not quite as much as my evening swim at the quarry - it was really wonderful.

Today I am sharing with you a card I made whilst at coffee pot on Monday - I took some extra stamps along and had a play with the autumn lady from Chocolate baroque. I also used infusions in making this card.


I stamped the image and coloured her in distress pens and then masked the image before using paperartsy golden sands infusions on top of ripe persimmon distress ink.


Here's a closer view - the words are from Tim Holtz.

I'm having fun with the infusions - I caught a great video the other night from Giogiocraft - she shows 10 ways to use them here - I'm enjoying working my way through these ways and I will try to see if brushos work in exactly the same way - they seem pretty similar although the infusions to me have more mixtures of colour within one bottle. Don't know if thats true but its my current opinion! What do you think?

Have a good Thursday - I'm off to Kendal to see a friend from my distant past as a chemistry teacher in Kent! I haven't seen Alison for about 10 years so it will be lovely! Also we're off to see the Hobbit in the park at Lancaster tonight! Excited!

Big huggles

Rachel x

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful work of art as always Rachel.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Rachel, do love this set of stamps, enjoy your day and evening

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Rachel, I love the effect of the infusions on the background. Hope you have a wonderful day.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful use of the Infusions Rachel, I can't seem to get anywhere with them so off to watch the video, thanks for the link! Have fun today and this evening. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is super lovely, Rachel. Gorgeous coloration and background. Thanks for sharing my video, and please experiment with the Brushos, I am really curious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel, you are reminding me to stretch my creative boundaries...I tend to use the same thing over and over again. I need to get my hands on these infusions! Your card is beautiful! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours and image of this card. I hope you have had a lovely time with your friend and enjoy the hobbit tonight.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Rachel, gorgeous colours and design, love all the ink blending. Enjoy your visit with your friend and the Hobbit,Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous Rachel, lovely rich colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is beautiful Rachel. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is like a Goddess of Autumn, gorgeous colours.
    Rachel, lovely to read that you and the girls are good and they had a wonderful day. I'm sorry I haven't been able to visit you recently.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely work Rachel and great colours . glad the girls enjoyed their sports day too x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. The colours are prefect together. Thankyou for the link. Off to have a look. I do have a box of Brushos. hugs to you and the girls. Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful image and fabulous background -I have the Brushos but not seen the infusions-grandaughters had their sports day yest and luckily the rain held off-I have started going swimming with daughter,two grandaughters and their dad(my son) they putme and my daughter to shame they are 7 and 9 and in the deep end and swimming underwater-whilst we are halfway can swim but hate been out of our depth lol
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous image & beautiful colours! The words are so true too!
    Jambo bwana

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx