My shining star

My shining star

Tuesday 12 July 2016

3UP at Paperartsy

Hello there! Well I have been very very lucky and been able to join in with the 3UP posts that are on at the paperartsy blog all week. I am so very grateful and have had so much fun playing! Tonight we are working with stamps from EKD and EEG and ECL stamps with Fresco paints in a BRIGHT colour palette. I did cheat a bit and added a couple of JOFY images - but dominantly I used stamps from eclectica Emma Godfrey 16 set.

Here's what I made ....

Its an MDF shadow frame box from Candy Box Crafts.


Here's the central portion ....


....and the bottom right hand corner ...


and the main central portion.

To create this I used 3 different colours of transparent paints - london-busyellow-submarine and blue-glass. I applied them onto gessoed MDF surfaces using a brayer - in many cases I mixed the red and yellow to create orange and also a blend through yellow orange and red. That was really cool and worked beautifully.


When dry I added a layer of  crackle-effect glaze to the main outer frame and when dry I added the yellow on top to create the fabulous crackles. The blue backdrop was stamped on using a squiggle stamp from the mentioned set in leftover brayer paint - I also stamped on some black card strips and added these to the blue to create 3 strips.

When everything was dry I glued it all together and then stamped the frilly circles onto card that I had covered with yellow paint and red paint. I also mixed some yellow and blue paint and stamped the small circles onto this.

Finally after fussy cutting and stamping the bees too it was time to assemble the piece.

I apologise for the lack of process pictures - I can only say that I got carried away! If you have any process questions please ask - I will try my best to answer them for you!

I do hope you will enjoy visiting us on the paperartsy blog this week and seeing all the wonderful things that people have made - I know my fellow 3UP team from tonight have made truely awesome projects!

I would like to thanks Darcy and Leandra at Paperartsy for giving me this opportunity - I really do appreciate it!

Big hugs all!

Rachel xx

27 comments:

  1. Wow Rachel, this is fantastic! So happy, summery bright colours! I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab project, so bright and happy. I love all the finishing touches and doodles. Thanks so much for joining us and playing along. Darcy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful bright happy creation, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful bright happy creation, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what fantastic colours, great design too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I love your colour combination Rachel. There is a 'circus' feel to your project. It really makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely bright and cheerful creation Rachel, fabulous colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great project Rachel - really bright and cheerful - makes you smile looking at it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great project Rachel - really bright and cheerful - makes you smile looking at it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderfully cheery and bright creation! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. love it, just makes me feel happy looking at it x

    ReplyDelete
  12. love it, just makes me feel happy looking at it x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous opportunity for you Rachel to take part in this and just gorgeous work here. I am so loving those fabulous bright colours.
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely cheerful piece Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bright and cheerful Rachel, great piece 0f work

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful project, gorgeous colours used. {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, fantastic project Rachel, love the colours. Thanks for showing us how you achieved the effects.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful creation Rachel, the bright colours are so cheery, it certainly made me feel happy! Huge congratulations on being featured at Paper Artsy too! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous! I love the colours and great composition. Congratulations on being features at Paper Artsy too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This project makes me smile from ear to ear! Bright and happy, for sure! It also made me happy to see your workspace--it reminds me of mine! by the time I get through with a project I have 4 square inches of craft mat to work on! Ha! Ha! Have a wonderful day, and congrats on being featured at Paper Artsy! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful Rachel, so happy and vibrant!! I love how you pulled it all together so well! Thanks for joining us! ~Leandra

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous project and background love the stamps,Bees and bright colours

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your colourful project !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi, so pleased to see you on the PaperArsty 3UP, lovely bright and cheerful project.xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Rachel, you totally rocked the 3UP sweetie! I'm so happy to see that you were featured! Your design is amazing and I just know you will put the stamps to good use. Big hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous project for #3Up week Rachel. This is such a smile worthy creation and I love the colours. Wonderful showcasing of the stamps.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. A very "Happy" card! I love the bright ummery colours!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx