My shining star

My shining star

Saturday 28 July 2018

work in progress and a lovely anglesey holiday

Hello lovelies! How are you? We are good - just back from a weeks holiday in Anglesey - its been beautiful - but more of that later! Whilst there I have been working on a needle felted picture that my friend Helen bought for me for my 50th - it was a kit and I have really enjoyed doing it - its all complete apart from the beading and embroidery... here are the steps I took...


I used unicorn wool to cover the back of a large canvas.....


Next I used green felting wool to add the grass and a combination of yarn and coloured wool to add the first flowers...


Next I added the two blue flowers....


I added the green leafy parts next - and then added more leaves and another flower in the front which I haven't pictured as yet... I am hoping to finish this soon!!

Its been a lovely week in Anglesey - here's a flavour ....

Image may contain: 3 people, including Gwen Marsden, people smiling, people sitting, child, sky, outdoor and water

Image may contain: 3 people, including Gwen Marsden, people smiling, people sitting and outdoor

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing, ocean, outdoor, nature and water

Image may contain: plant, outdoor and food

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, outdoor and closeup

Image may contain: one or more people, shoes, sky and outdoor

Its been fab!

Big hugs!

Rachel x

10 comments:

  1. Love your needle felting Rachel, it's gorgeous. Glad you had a good holiday, Anglesey is one of my favourite places...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do find needle felting to be very therapeutic and I love what you have done on this piece Rachel, especially the beautiful cone flowers you added. It really does look like you have had a wonderful time on holiday too! We certainly can't complain about the summer weather this year!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW the felting is amazing and love all the holiday pics
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful needle felting Rachel and wonderful photos of your holiday.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous felting Rachel, the colours are wonderful,others is no end to your talents lovely lady.
    Great photos,pleased you all enjoyed your holiday, the weather would have been fab,Kate x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy you had a wonderful week away and love the photographs. Fabulous piece of felting work Rachel. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your needle felting is gorgeous Rachel, it's been great watching it develop over the past week, and what a perfect holiday we have had. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful picture Rachel, it looks fabulous.
    Super photographs, it looks like you had a lovely week - you certainly had good weather.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a marvellous needle point project...absolutely stunning. You all look like you had a fabulous and fun time away x. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such kind comments x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful result! Needlefelting is so relaxing. Enjoy the Summer holidays with your girls! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx