My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 1 July 2018

In the summer garden at Countryview challenges

Hello there! Wow July already! How did that happen? It'll be the school holibobs before we know it! Wow!!! Time really is flying!

Its a new challenge begining today at Countryview Challenges - Jane came up with this beautiful theme - in the summer garden. I have made a card using some stamps from Hobbyart plus brushos and pixie powders and distress inks.


I thought the flowers were so pretty and I have coloured them as the appear in my garden! 




Here'sa closer look... the individual flowers are such a pretty shape! And I like the definition.


I painted the leaves using peeled paint distress ink. I added some extra ones on having cut them out first and shaped them a little too!

I do hope you can be tempted to join us - the theme is perfect for this time of the year!

Check out what my teamies have made and link up here.

Big hugs

Rachel xx

17 comments:

  1. The extra layers really help giving a 3D depth to the flowers and transforms the look completely. Gorgeous, Rachel! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always a beautiful creation, always lovel blue and yellow as a colour palette Rachel.

    Have a lovely Sunday.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear Rachel. This is so beautiful..I love the colours in your summer garden card. Have a fab summer with your dear girls. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Rachel, I love how the hydranger has got it's definititon. Hope you and the girls have a lovely Summer, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the beautiful hydrangea stamp and great Brushos background
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful Rachel...your colouring is so vibrant..and the dimension....fabulous....and your wonderful inky background...stunning card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is an absolute delight Rachel, such beautiful colours! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, love the background and wonderful stamps too!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blue and the yellow look great together!!! Beautiful flowers and card!!! Have a lovely July!!! Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hydrangeas are my favourite flowers ! Love it !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous card Rachel, I love the colours and design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous work Rachel - I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card Rachel, lovely flowers - so pretty.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, Rachel! The foxgloves are one of my favourite flowers.
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card Love your colour choices Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx