My shining star

My shining star

Wednesday 11 July 2018

mum's card

Hello there! How are you? I hope you are good. I have a card on the Countryview Challenges blog today and here it is here on my blog. The theme this month is 'In the summer Garden'. This time I chose to use a JOFY set of stamps and made a card that I gave my mum for her birthday!


I started with a distress oxide background and stamped the stems and leaves on to it. I used distress oxides and inks to add further colour to the leaves and stems.  Next I used brushos and created a red/orange background and stamped on the flower heads and then fussy cut them. I then coloured the centres in brown and added the heads to the card..


I also added the sentiment from the stamp set and some Chocolate Baroque bees...


Here's a proper close up of the flowers...love these flowers!!!

Hope you enjoy this piece and might even join us in the challenge!

Big hugs

Rachel xx

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous "painting" Rachel! I love those sunflowers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous,love the design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Rachel, those flowers are stunning!! Your Mum must have been thrilled to receive this beauty. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those sunflowers are so striking and using Brushos for the petals is a great idea. Love this.

    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. An absolutely fabulous card Rachel and I am sure your mum will treasure it xx Those sunflowers are amazing and the quote is so true xx
    TFS and hugs
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous Rachel, I love the colours and your backgrounds. The sunflowers are so beautiful, your Mum would love it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful....those sunflowers are stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved my card Rachel, it is stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, love the beautiful background and wonderful sunflowers.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the beautiful flowers and little Bees
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. An absolutely delightful summer garden card for your mum. Those flowers are fabulous and I love the inky background. Sorry that I've missed so much. There are quieter times on the horizon but not quite yet!
    Love and hugs,
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful Rachel, pretty stamps and lovely colours - I'm sure your Mum loved it.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The flower card is absolutely adorable, Rachel! Your Mum will love it.
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx