My shining star

My shining star

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Lilac candles


Hey there! Good morning from a grey but dry Lancaster. Well I finally got my prize from card maker of the year and it included this lilac stamp from Sheena Douglass. So I set to and painted some candles. I love this stamp its so pretty - and relatively easy to do too. Here's the recipe for my candles.
1. Stamp the lilac and leaves using staz-on.
2. Stipple paint the flower heads in dark blue acrylic paint and highlight with white acrylic paint.  Allow to dry.
3. Overstamp the flower heads again with staz-on and then paint the individual flowers using purple and white acrylic paints. Allow to dry.
4. Paint the leaves using a flat brush double loaded with greengold and antique white and tipped with dark blue.
5. Paint on the stalks in dark brown.
Lots of fun - hope you like them x

2 comments:

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx