My shining star

My shining star

Wednesday 15 February 2012

Daisy Box


Good afternoon to you all - its been quite a day (and night) in the Fisher household - my two little girls have both been poorly and had me up several times in the night! They are now tucked up on the sofa watching Disney Princess so I thought it was about time I did a blog entry for today.
This is another item I've made for the Morecambe sale coming up on 10th March. I'm pleased with this one as the base cost was nothing - the box is an old chocolate box from Christmas and I've fusioned it with Sheena Douglass Daisies. I saw on a website the other day the marriage of daisies and lavendar which looked particularly wonderful so watch out for that one! Anyway the recipe is as follows:
Take an empty chocolate box and paint in emulsion paint - you will need several coats to obscure any writing. Don't forget to do the base.
Apply watered down glue then the fial coat of paint to achieve the crackle surface.
Stamp flower design using staz-on ink then paint with acrylic paints.
After dry add spray and sparkle and emboss the lid edges.
Add bow.
Hope that all makes sense - hopefully next time I speak to you my poorly children will be well again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx