My shining star

My shining star

Wednesday 30 January 2019

Dragonfly hideout

Hello there! I do hope you are well. Things are good here but increasingly busy it seems! Still - its the way I like it so mustn't grumble! 

Today I want to share with you the cards I made using my last stamp supplied by hunky dory - its been a pleasure using these stamps - they are beautiful! Today I decided to use two different techniques to see how they compared with this stamp - I started off by using alcohol inks on yupo. I then 'inked' up the stamp using lift ink...

I then stamped this onto the yupo and wiped the image before mounting it on a DL card.


Not a huge success - the stamp is probably too detailed for this technique!

Next off I just stamped in black ink onto a distress oxide background...


....much better result this time!!!! Lovely stamp! Thanks Hunky Dory!

Have a great day!

Hugs

Rachel xx

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Rachel, love that stamp xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel ...two beautiful cards,loving the backgrounds which really showcase the great stamp...hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous cards Rachel, more of your super backgrounds.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both great cards and fabulous stamp-I love the ethereal effect on the first one
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous, I was playing with my Yupo and Lift ink pad yesterday too :)
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards and fabulous backgrounds. Thank you for your kind comment Rachel, Kate x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both your cards Rachel but the black stamping really stands out on the second card x TFS and hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two gorgeous cards Rachel, the black really pops on the bottom card but I do love the very faded look that the top card gives.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think there's something really atmospheric about the Yupo version, like a misty morning - it's lovely. But it's also great to see the intricate detailing of the stamp on the second version.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both versions are beautiful, I love the cool blues and the pinks are gorgeous! It was so lovely seeing you and your Mum today! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx