My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 20 January 2019

Cute at the Christmas card Club

Hello there! How are you? I do hope you are well. We are all excited today as my little Penny has her singing debut at the Grand theatre in Lancaster. She was asked to perform in a dance show to allow a bigger time for costume changes - she has two solos - two group songs and one where she has to lead on and help a group of 4-6 year old dancers! She is very brave methinks!!!

So today its time for a new theme at our lovely Christmas card club - the theme this time was cute - I have gone more for the option of anything goes as I wanted to use another of my Phill Martin stamps kindly supplied by Hunky Dory. I started by making a background using pixie powders and then stamping the image 4 times on my sheet..


The stamp is called poinsettia and is a collage stamp with lots of lovely details. The stamp performed beautifully - even first time.

Next I cut the stamped images out ...

Then I used sheena sparkle pens to add colour to the main flowers and leaves - picking these images out specifically....

Once I had got this far I chose to add some wintry paper doll images to all but one background and the die cut word celebrate to all.


They look so pretty - and I think very festive!
Thanks again to HunkyDory for supplying the stamp - I really did enjoy using it!

My mum has joined our Christmas card club this fortnight too - she's called Gwen and these are her cards - being a good girl she stuck to the theme!!!



She said she was glad to be able to use an unused stamp - well done mum!

I do hope you have a great day!

Hugs

Rachel xx

16 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards Rachel....loving that festive background....
    Hi Gwen.....just love your cute image....2 very cute cards xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel - I really love the backgrounds you have stamped. The little vintage figures are cute.

    Gwen - Welcome to the club and it's great to see your work. I love penguins so they are hit with me,and I love the bashful one hiding his face with his greeting.
    Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are beautiful Rachel, Hello everyone Gwen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel
    Fabulous cards.... love the backgrounds....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    Hi Gwen
    A really cute card... love the penguins...
    hugs Sylvie xx
    Enjoy your Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic collection both from you and your Mum.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards and backgrounds Rachel and really love the brilliant collage stamp -2 beautiful cards from your Mum too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rachel , love your use of the pixie powders and how you have coloured in some of the poinsettias on the panels. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Gwen,
    I love the penguin on the first card but my how cute is the second penguin on the next card. Do you know the name of the stamp you have used? Hugs Mrs A.
    P.s. Welcome to your forage into our little club.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rachel & Gwen. Lovely unusual cards Rachel, so bright & festive. Gwen- I love penguins with a passion, so these are right up my street! Great job both. Hugs, Shaz X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are beautiful Rachel and the images on Gwen's are just adorable. Well done to Penny, I hope she enjoys herself! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cards Rachel, they look fabulous! Gwen's cards are so adorable I do love that image. Good luck to Penny too!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great combo from mum and daughter, love the penguins .. brilliant but also like pixie powder cards they looked fascinating so popped over to have a peek.
    Thanks for your inspiration,
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}
    {Wonderful Words Of Life - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous cards Rachel, you always create stunning backgrounds.
    Your Mum's cards are lovely, such cute penguins.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. The detail on that poinsettia stamp is amazing, and looks fabulous with the bold red against the funky powders. Well done to Gwen on sticking to cuteness - great cards - but I'd have had to follow you down a less cute road!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Rachel & Gwen, I very much like all your cards, both cute and anything goes! The poinsettia background is gorgeous and I love the images used. And who doesn't like a penguin or two at Christmas. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Rachel and Gwen, such lovely cards from you both, fabulous backgrounds as ever Rachel and I adore your cute penguins Gwen ,Kate x x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx