My shining star

My shining star

Wednesday 17 June 2015

Swimming, Crafting and flower arranging!

Hello Lovelies! How are you? I hope you're okay and have had a good day! I've had a beautiful time today - I went for a swim and practiced some of the things I was taught yesterday - then I went to my mum and dads and had a crafternoon - we played with brushos - and followed a project from this months craft stamper - lots of fun - I will do a simpler version with the coffee pot ladies on monday I think. Here's the results:


I am very excited with this one - I think the techniques are brilliant - just follow them in craft stamper!


The stamps are paperartsy - i used  versa mark, white embossing powder, brushos, frantage, alcohol pens. My mum really enjoyed this too - I think I'll try applying it to my own version - altho' the design is so beautiful I daresay I won't get such fabulous results! 

Tonight me and my girls did some flower arranging - well they did it really - I just cut the flowers. We have a festival happening in the village at the moment - Lord Roger Montbegon was one of the 25 barons involved in the signing of the magna carta 800 years ago and he lived in Hornby. The play the girls did on Saturday was part of it and there is a flower arranging competition tomorrow - so the girls wanted to join in! The theme is Hornby. This is what they did.



I'll let you know tomorrow how they get on - but I'm very pleased with what they have done! And they had such fun!

Hope you have a good evening - its running away from me today - will be around to visit after I have done another post - I've got news!!! More of that soon!

Big Hugs

Rachel x


23 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel
    I can't keep up with you ... You are all so busy... Lucy and Penny's flower arranging men's are fabulous... Love you card to....
    Did my birthday card arrive for you Rachel...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hiya Sylvie - thanks for your comment - no card has arrived as yet sweetie - but don't worry - I'm sure its somewhere! Big hugs to you and thanks for thinking of me xx

      Delete
  2. Your card is just stunning, love the techniques you used! The flower arrangement is lovely, they should do very well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card with the Brushos Rachel. Love it. Good luck to the girls with their fabulous flower arrangement piece- they are so talented !
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the colours on the card ...and wow those flowers look fab! good luck to the girls x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is stunning Rachel, the design is so beautiful and I LOVE the colours.
    Lucy and Penny have done a wonderful job with there flower arranging, the added bunting looks fabulous.
    I hope you have a good Thursday.
    Sending you big hugs, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Busy and fun day for you. Great card, lovely texture. The flower arrangement looks lovely, good luck to the girls x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card Rachel, loved doing it with you, looks like the girls had lots of fun

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colours on your gorgeous card Rachel and the stamps you used are great. I'm in awe of your girls and their lovely flower arrangments, try as I might I can't get results as good as their's. Hope they do well in the competition, but in my eyes they both deserve to win.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card and that blue is so vibrant...just like the gorgeous petal in the photo.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card Rachel, such pretty colours.
    Good luck to the girls, their arrangement looks fabulous.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is gorgeous Rachel.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Rachel and lovely photos of the girls. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Rachel and the flower arranging your girls have done is wonderful.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A stunning card Rachel, the colours and design are gorgeous. What a wonderful job the girls have done with the flowers too...hope they do well tomorrow. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Rachel, and the girls flower arranging looks fab. Hope they do well.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely card Rachel. Love the design and colours. Great flower arranging from the girls too.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Rachel, trying to catch up here, so of course I know the girls won and no wonder their arrangements are gorgeous, clever girls.
    I love your card, gorgeous blooms and colours, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card, can't wait to see your coffee pot version! Gorgeous flower arrangements! Well done girls!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow - what a stunning card, Rachel... and now I see that the flower arranging win wasn't just because they were the only ones in their class - but also because the flower arrangements are absolutely splendid!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous flower arrangements and love the card I saw this technique in Craft Stamper
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Not all are true. Everyone has their own way of thinking but I think they have to reconsider. I like to argue for the most accurate results.

    potaup

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is a great article. You will surely like this also because it is a great stufff

    sushi-cat2.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx