My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 28 June 2015

a quick chocolate baroque make and some ballet exams!

Hello lovelies - well its been a busy day - both my munchkins had their ballet exams today - Penny did primary ballet and Lucy grade 1. Here's what they looked like before them:

    

They both came out smiling too although Lucy said she slid during the Polka. Nevermind! They enjoyed it and thats what its all about - we get the results in 6 weeks time.

I have a quick card I made for the chocolate baroque challenge to show you today.


I used distress inks and a stencil to make the background and overstamped with one of the nature fragments. Then I stamped one of the beautiful sentiments and also some of the butterflies that were stamp of the week a few weeks ago. I enjoyed making this one.

I'd like to enter this into chocolatebaroquechallenge-twelve
This is the colour challenge:



I used rusty hinge, dried marigold, peeled paint and weathered wood distress inks on my card.

I hope you had a good Sunday! We've got more excitement tomorrow - its sports day at school - Penny is doing the sack race and the skipping race whilst Lucy is also doing the sack race and also the egg and spoon - I'll let you know how they go! I'm doing the ice cream sales lol!!!! If its a day like today I'm sure they'll go well!

Big hugs!

Rachel x

21 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Rachel, love how you've used the colours. The girls look great in their ballet outfits, hope they did well. Six weeks is a long time to wait for the results though. Hope they do well tomorrow at sports day.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased that the girls got through their exams OK. They look so beautiful in their outfits. Love your card, the butterflies are gorgeous. Hope all goes well tomorrow, I reckon you will sell loads of ice cream!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two very pretty girls Rachel, love their ballet outfits. Gorgeous card too, you've used the colours well. Have fun tomorrow. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your so right Rachel it's all about doing their best but also enjoying themselves, love your ard too. Hope the weather is good for the girls sports days, Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Rachel, love photos of the girls, and I do hope they have done well.
    Your card is gorgeous, and your colours seem spot on. I just couldn't get them matched well at all.
    The images are beautiful and brilliant blending, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rachel - I always find it so nerve-wracking sitting outside the room whilst eldest Bambino did her keyboard grades. Hope the girls have done well! Gorgeous card and I love the colours you've used. Have a good sport's day all tomorrow!
    Hugs, Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done to your girls, I am pleased they came out smiling!
    Your card is gorgeous, a stunning design and beautiful colours.
    Enjoy the sports day tomorrow.
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Rachel......gorgeous pics of your girls. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely girl. Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww bless Rachel they look so pretty!!! and such a fab card too and wish them good luck for their sports day!! huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your beautiful card! The girls look wonderful, I'm sure they both passed with flying colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card and gorgeous photos of your darlings. It's not about winning is it, it is all about enjoying what you do in life.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is beautiful, hope both girls do well

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely card Rachel, the colours work so well together. Glad the girls enjoyed their day.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous I do love the background. Fingers crossed for the girls.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful card Rachel, fabulous design.
    I hope the girls did well, such a long time to keep them waiting!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely pics of the girls, they look perfect!
    Fingers crossed the results are good but as you say, if they had fun, that's the most important thing!
    Great card too & just perfect for the challenge!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Rachel, I love your card design and your use of the Seasonal Fragments. Thank you for entering the Chocolate Baroque Challenge and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. A gorgeous card Rachel. Love the colours and design. Hope the girls get on okay with their ballet exams. Pity it is such a long time to wait for the results.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card and a very beautiful young lady too. She is growing fast hun. I love the colours you have used on this one Rachel and the stamps are gorgeous Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Rachel, your girls look beautiful, I'm sure that they must make you proud. Your card is fab, a lovely design with very clever use of the texture stamp over the stencils. I always love to see butterflies, and you have used a great sentiment. Thanks for your entry into the Chocolate Baroque challenge, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx