My shining star

My shining star

Wednesday 21 March 2012

A sentimental journey

Good afternoon all - hope you've had a wonderful day so far? I've managed to do my run and should now be organising stuff for my Rainbows this evening - but I just had to post this card that I made last night.


I'm so pleased with it! It includes a verse from a clarity stamp that I've stamped using eggplant adirondack ink and cut out using a nestie. I've mounted it onto purple mirri board also cut with a nestie. The background has been made using purple paper that has been cut with a Martha Stewart punch then mounted onto the same mirri board. Then I used dusty concorde distress ink to colour the edges of the card and mounted my topper onto a piece of white card. Finally I added the ribbon and the flowers and the heather from Duck Pond Crafts Blooms kit.

I'd like to enter this card for the challenge over at Craft your passion challenges where the sentiment has to be the main focus.  I'd also like to enter it for the add a flower challenge over at pan pastel this week.



Thanks for looking and for all the kind remarks that you leave - it really is appreciated!

Hugs Rachel xx

5 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Rachel,love the colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful card hun, I love the colours and the flowers are so pretty, fab layout too. Thank so much for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog.
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty ans I adore the colour scheme.Thanks for joining us at PanPastel Uk this week.

    Kerry DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty shades of lilac and love the words.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. An adorable card Rachel I love the way you have framed the sentiment with the ribbon. Thanks for sharing this with us at PanPastel UK challenge this week.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx