My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 25 March 2012

a morning with Hels

Evening all - I've had the most wonderful crafty morning at a workshop with Hels Sheridan. It was held at Dawn Bibby's design studio in Church near Ostwaldwhistle in Lancashire. It was a busy workshop with lots of faces I've met there before and a lot of new ones too!





We made what Hels called an envelopotag (I think that was the term she used!). I've taken quite a few pictures because its quite detailed. As we only had 2 and 1/2 hours Hels had already done the stamping for us (except for the sentiment) and we spent most of the workshop working with distress stains and distress pads to get the effects shown. I used old paper distress stain and dusty concorde distress pad plus a little of vintage photo and walnut stain distress inkpads. I even used the dusty concorde ink stain to colour half of the ribbon. We added the distress ink in layers and spritzed and flicked with water and dried in between to get a more grungy look. The cogs and hinge were cut from grunge paper and we used distress pads to colour these up. The sentiment was printed using black archival ink.

I really enjoyed the workshop and would recommend Hels to you if you ever get the chance to do one!

Have a great evening!
Rachel xx

4 comments:

  1. Hey nice to meet you yesterday :) x had great morning x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you too - it was fabulous wasn't it? xx

      Delete
  2. Helllloooo Rachel! Lovely to meet you on Sunday... thank you for coming to the class and I am chuffed that you enjoyed making the Tag-Velope (although, I like your name for it better lol) Hope to see you again soon... am doing more classes on the last weekend in May xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx