My shining star

My shining star

Monday 25 January 2016

I really want????....

Hello Lovelies!How are you today? I hope you are well! We had a good weekend - visited my mum and dad yesterday and dad was better again - he's almost back to normal now - which is wonderful to see. Not quite - but definitely getting there!

I have been playing catch up with my wanderlust course - I found my computer couldn't play the videos - its been a real pest recently too -not allowing me on different websites too! Anyway, I bit the bullet and got hold of a new one. Now I'm not sure it really is what I want - but at least I can watch the videos now! Anyway - one of the things to do was a second book prompt - we had to do a page inspired by .....what I really want is ... I also wanted to address the hearts challenge over on the paperartsy blog. Here's what I came up with!


I created a painty journal page by brayering different opaque chalk paints onto my page then I did some stamping and stenciling and mark making with white paint.


Next I stamped and fussy cut the cog hearts and added them.


I added some script too ... and a picture of my hearts desire - my late husband!


Such a gorgeous man - miss him every day!!!

I would like to enter this into the paperartsy topic-2-hearts-challenge.

I'm looking forward to a run with my friend Emma this morning, followed by coffeepot - Diana is in charge today so I can sit back and play!  I then have my regular visit to the gym to do some weight training. Should keep me out of trouble! 

Have a great Monday!

Big hugs

Rachel x

29 comments:

  1. Beautiful and heartwarming Rachel.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a nice tribute to your late husband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a nice tribute to your late husband!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very special journal page Rachel.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Rachel this is such a wonderful spread, wow the background looks amazing!! I adore the soft colour palette you chose, and of course how you finished it all is very moving! You are brave and so positive!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pages Rachel & a gorgeous pic of your Shaun. Miss my Stephen every day too but so thankful for the memories.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This page broght a tear to my eye Rachel. You have created a lovely page and a great tribute to Shaun. A beautiful soft colour palette and I like the masculine touch of the cog hearts and lovely photo to finish. Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really lovely pages Rachel. Love everything about it.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful page Rachel, Shaun was the best

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pages for your lovely husband who is still with you just in another dimension! Hugs and xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to hear your dad is doing so much better, Rachel, and what beautiful, poignant pages - full of colour to celebrate your joy in the relationship you had, and beautiful hearts showing the love that will always be there.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Rachel, what a fabulous journal spread, and a gorgeous photo of Shaun and of course you miss him every day, wonderful memories though to keep you going along with Penny and Lucy.
    Great newa about your Dad, hoping he goes from strength to strength, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pages Rachel and a wonderful photograph of Shaun. You have wonderful memories I am sure.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Rachel, Your journal pages are beautiful and what a wonderful tribute to your dear husband. It's such a nice photo of Shaun and what a lovely smile he's giving you from your page.

    I hope you had a good run with your friend Emma. Hugs, Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful Rachel, a very special journal page.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely pages Rachel, wonderful keepsake for the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your gorgeous journal page and the great tribute to Shaun. Glad to hear that your Dad is getting better. I don't know how you fit everything into your day's Running, Crafting and the gym. I would be exhausted after the run.

    Hugs Sue. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Rachel and I am glad to hear the good news of your dad.
    Fabulous page and a very personal one for you. A very happy memory for your page.
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful page Rachel, a wonderful tribute to your lovely Shaun... So pleased to hear that your Dad is still improving. Big hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is lovely. You keep yourself so busy but I feel your pain, stay strong hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so tender.
    You really are a remarkable woman and a remarkable artist.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful pages and you made very special tribute. xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful pages and you made very special tribute. xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. So beautiful Rachel & the photos are fab!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful pages Rachel and what a lovely photo of Shaun. He would be so proud of you. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful pages Rachel and love the pic of Shaun a lovely tribute but don't suppose it gets any easier unfortunately
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is beyond beautiful and so very personal, you are a lovely lady my friend and I have no doubt that Shaun would be very proud of you and the girls. I wish I could make your sadness go away Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. This touches my heart. I was thinking about you today...I knew it's been a year since the passing of your husband. What a difficult time it must be. Thank God you had him for a while! You are in my prayers. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx