My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 12 September 2013

Jake's card

Good morning Lovelies - are you well? I hope so! If not sending you big hugs xx

We're all well but missing hubby again - he's in Finland this time but thankfully will be back tomorrow so we've not had to wait too long this time! Good job he will be back with the GNR on Sunday - just seen the forecast - wet and windy seems to be the order of the day - well rather that than hot and humid! Lol xx

I've been playing with my Little Bit Magical Sheena stamps again and have made a card for my b.i.l..





I'm not sure if this is Jakes thing but I love it!!!! Nevermind! I just needed to play!!! I've cut a card blank 8x8 inches from centura pearl card and stamped onto the reverse side. I coloured the images partly with promarkers and partly with cosmic shimmer watercolour paints. The leaves have been stamped and embossed in green before colouring in brown and green.I've stamped two sections directly on the car and two sections have been stamped on additional card and fussy cut and added.  Then I cut out the none stamped part of the front of the card and used acetate to fill in the space. On the front \I also added some embossed brown card down the front and bottom edge - it was embossed with a darice embossing folder that has woodgrain on it. The inside of the card is the shiny part of the centura pearl card - I used an inkylicious mountains plastic sheet and masked a moon then brayered the background in place. I wasn't sure about the colours on the shiny centura pearl but thought I'd give it a go and I think it works quite well-  quite a mystical result. Finally I added the owl over the moon to the front of the acetate and the sentiment.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

TPS:thepapershelter Moon
The male roomthemaleroomchallengeblog - sports/hobbies (twitching)
Bearly minebearlymine-challenges: Fall colours
LEJ:lejdesignschallengeblog Autumnal colours
Alicraft blogali-craft.: Autumn
SSS Mon: simonsaysstampblogEmbossing (heat and dry)
Crafters Companioncrafterscompanion: Embossing: (heat and dry)
Sunday stamperpinkleart: Birds
Country view craftscountryviewchallenges: Layers
simon says stamp wednesday challengesimonsaysstampblog : emboss it

Hope you've enjoyed your visit today - and thanks for coming along on my crafty journey! Back tomorrow with the card I made at my mums on Tuesday - I think you'll like it!

Big Hugs

Rachel xx

35 comments:

  1. great card lovely colours and a super image
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is wonderful Rachel. I love the clever design, the images and colours are beautiful.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Rachel. Love the image and layout.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel, I love your card, it's fantastic!!
    The image of the guy under the tree is superb and your design is so good, love how you have placed it all. Must have a look for this stamp, would be very useful for my outdoor men.

    Have a great day, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous,love the image and fab papers.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Rachel, still not sure about the man under the tree but you have made it work very well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning sweetie this is just gorgeous, have a great day hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Rachel this is gorgeous, the owl looks as though it's flown right off of the page, such a great effect.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's great for a guy Rachel and as you say sometimes we have to play.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your real powerful male card Rachel !! I'm sure Jake will love it !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a brilliant card and I am glad you enjoy my different challenge theme over at the Paper Shelter this week. Love the scenery you have created. Just perfect!
    Thanks for playing with us over at the Paper Shelter.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a beautiful card with the boy and the eagle, beautiful stamps are they.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant card, love the three dimension! and wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card Rachel - I just love it. So masculine yet it tells a story, he is day dreaming and you can almost tell what he is thinking about !!! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rachel your card is fab, I love all your layers and pearly colours. Just right for our challenge at The Male Room. Bev :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Rachel, I think Jake might just love this..... I love, love, love the way you did the tree, it looks amazing. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fabulous Rachel, I love the way you have created your tree.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. fantastic! love all the colours, just love it all! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely male card Rachel. Love the colours and the use of the acetate.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card Rachel, love this stamp but not used it yet!

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card Rachel :-) the whole design is fabulous ! I am sure he will love this :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card, love the image. Thanks for joining in our challenge this month over at Ali-Craft, Heidi x

    ReplyDelete
  23. A fabulous card Rachel, it is a lovely image.
    Thanks for joining in the lejdesigns Challenge
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  24. love how 3D your card is, all those layers look fab... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great card - I love your choice of fall colours and that owl is fantastic.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Bearly Mine this week.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Rachel, you card is absolutely awesome! Hope hubby/daddy is back safe & sound now!
    HUgs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is wonderful Rachel, love the dimension and images! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW! fabulous design Rachel!!thanks for joining us at Bearlymine this time
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  29. Stunning card - thanks for sharing this week in The Male Room - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fabulous dimension on your tree ... and great use of embossed texture ... so glad you joined us at Crafter's Companion.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is such a fabulous card! Love the beautiful dimensional tree and great embossing. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a lovely card you have made here which fits perfectly the Bearly Mine Designs Challenge this week of “fall colours”. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great card, love the bird watching theme, which fits our challenge at The Male Room so well. Fantastic techniques you have used here, thanks for sharing with us

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wonderful card Rachel, I love how you've layered the images :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. A great card with fabulous layers. Thanks for sharing it at Country View Crafts September Challenge.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx