My shining star

My shining star

Saturday 21 September 2013

Follow your dreams

Morning lovelies - I hope you're well and happy. We're all okay - my Lucy had to have some blood tests yesterday - nothing serious we hope - she was a real trooper though - so brave xx

Onto todays post - I made this with two challenges particularly in mind - the sunday stamper and stamping sensations - it definitely looked better in my head than it has turned out!




The heart was part of a pack of two from the anycraftsapound store - I painted it with green acrylic paint then stamped some inkylicious poppies on it and some background script. Then I used a sweet poppy stencil and some sparkle medium from Imagination crafts and made the main focus of the hanging. Then I used a piece of neenah crest card and distress inks - crushed olive, forest moss, festive berries and barn door - and created a background that I stamped the sentiment and my recently rediscovered butterflies onto. I cut these out and added them to the hanging.

I'd like to enter this into
Sunday stamper pinkleart- make a hanging
Stamping sensationssirstampalotchallenge: Photo inspiration
PTWpapertakeweekly: Make it sparkle
Tuesday throwdown:tuesdaythrowdown Things with wings

Thanks for dropping by today and for any comments you choose to leave - I really do appreciate them and the time it takes you to visit. Big Crafty Hugs and hope you have a great day!
Rachel xx

30 comments:

  1. this is a beautiful make, love the flowers x Oh poor Lucy, so horrible for them. Thanks for all yor lovely comments , I am trying to keep up xx hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel what a fab hanging! Its amazing what you can do with a bit of chipboard, love the poppies! Poor Lucy hope everything is ok! Susan x

    ReplyDelete

  3. Rachel, love this heart hanging. Hope you don't have to wait to long for Lucy results.

    Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous heart and lovely poppies, I'm sure Lucy will be okay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, poor Lucy, I hope she is okay.
    This is gorgeous Rachel. I love the sparkly poppies and beautiful butterflies.
    I hope you have a good weekend
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous project Rachel, I love the poppy stencil. Hope everything is OK with Lucy.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Rachel. Love the poppies and the colours. Hope you don't have to wait too long for Lucy's blood test results.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Rachel, beautiful heart hanger, lovely colours and the sparkly poppy is gorgeous.
    I hope it wasn't too much of an ordeal for Lucy, horrible things to get done, hope too the results won't take too long in coming through have a great weekend, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a beautiful hanging Rachel, love the sparkly poppies and the gorgeous butterflies. I really hope all is well with Lucy. Hope you all have a lovely weekend. Big hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is gorgeous love the texture and colour
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning sweetie, this is just stunning, hugs Pops xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous creation Lucy :-) the whole design is fabulous ! so pretty :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your hanging Rachel... sorry to hear Lucy has been going thru it.. bless her! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous creation. love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just gorgeous,love the texture.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is great, Rachel. I llove that green . I do hope your daughter will be fine. Vee xx (I finally entered Hels' challenge this time!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous Rachel, I just love poppies. Hope the results of Lucy's blood test come back ok in the meantime here's a BIG Hug for you both :). Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful project. Love the poppies and your color choices. Hope Lucy's results turn out fine.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brilliant what you can get in the pound shop and I love what you did with them.

    Hope Lucy's tests turn out fine.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful heart love the background stamping and poppies,beautiful butterflies too-hope Lucy is okay
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous creation Rachel!

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's lovely Rachel, fab colours and love all the sparkle. Hope Lucy's tests turn out ok hun. Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have made a great job decorating your heart, I love it.
    I have some of these must look them out and have a go
    Have a great weekend

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really pretty and great use of the sparkle! The sentiment is wonderful and something we should all do!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You did say you had something special in mind Rachel and you certainly don't disappoint as this is stunning and so perfect for our theme.

    Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Stamping Sensations Challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh this is soooo pretty hun, absolutely love it
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is lovely Rachel, fabulous Poppies.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is gorgeous! Love the sparkles and the coloring. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown. Hope to see you next week!

    Kim
    www.lilypatchstamps.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. What an beautiful backround and butterflies. I specilly like your sparkling poppy. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful project with us at Staming Sensation.
    Eret x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx