My shining star

My shining star

Friday 19 July 2013

Sheenas' Hibiscus on acetate using silkies

Good morning all! Well school's officially out! And my girls are ready to enjoy the sunshine - we're off to the library in the morning to investigate this years reading challenge - then we'll have lunch followed by the splash Park in Morecambe and rounding the day off with a visit to my mum and dad. Should be good I hope!

I've been playing with Silkies from Imagination Crafts - they were used in a technique in this months craft stamper so I've used elements of the technique and this is what I've come up with:





I used staz-on and stamped the flowers, 4 times each onto acetate - I used the 'spice' set of silkies to colour the hibiscus - it was a bit like painting with nail varnish!!! But thankfully without the smell. And really so easy - I didn't have to be careful as I was cutting the flowers out and also the flip side would be showing! Once dry I cut the flowers out and set them aside whilst I made the background. I used a gold encore pad and rubbed it all over white card before brushing with perfect pearls in gold - don't know why the gold colour isn't showing better in the picture - but thats lighting for you I guess!. Then once I had rubbed the surface I used sepia archival and sheenas crackle stamp to pattern the background. Then I arranged the flowers. The words are from yet another sheena douglass set and I used DI to make the background colour (spiced marmalade, worn lipstic and barn door) then stamped on top in black memento ink and cut using a spellbinders die. Then I assembled the card!

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Countryview Craftscountryviewchallenges: Sizzling Summer
Crafters Companioncrafterscompanion: Dies and decuts
Penny'spennyschallenges -Use black
Sparklessparklesforumchallenges: Autumn colours

Thanks for dropping by and I hope you have a wonderful Friday!

Hugs

Rachel xx

24 comments:

  1. Loving those fab flowers Rachel !! I know you and the girls are going to have alot of fun during the holidays !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous,love the image and fab details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty Rachel, you always have the most interesting techniques! Sounds like you have some fun planned with your girls - enjoy!! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really gorgeous flowers make this a beautiful card, have fun today see you later

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Rachel. This is absolutely stunning. The colours are fabulous. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great! We what a fun filled day you have planned , enjoy! I am sure th girls will hugs x tracex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rachel, gorgeous card, lovely colours and thise flowers are beautiful. I'm guessing that Silkies are some sort of paint, have a great day with your girls, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and colours Rachel, I love the flowers. Hope you have a great day enjoying the sunshine now that schools out.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Rachel, love the hibiscus and the colours are fabulous. Love my silkies too :)

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful Rachel. A really effective technique and the colours are gorgeous.
    I hope you are having a good day. My youngest daughter doesn't break up from school until Wednesday which she is not too happy about!
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and fabulous colors! Love the beautiful hibiscus!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous Rachel and, rats, another product from Imagination Crafts I now want lol! Hope you have a lovely day with the girls and this sunshine Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The hibiscus flowers are fabulous Rachel, love the colours and the card is beautiful. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous Rachel. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful card Rachel well done great stamping xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a fabulous card Rachel, lovely rich colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautifully designed card, thank you for joining us at Crafters Companion xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful colour and design. Thank you for sharing your creation with us this month at Crafter's Companion.
    Laine - DT
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a beautiful card...I just love the design and colours. Thank you for joining us at Crafters Companion for this months challenge.
    Hugz, Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your beautifully painted hibiscus flowers Rachel. Thanks for sharing them at Country View Crafts Summer Sizzler Challenge this month.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just fabulous Rachel, gorgeous flower arrangement! Thanks for joining us at Sparkles this time & good luck!
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx