My shining star

My shining star

Saturday 2 February 2019

Fairies or angels at Christmas card club

Hello there ...How are you? I do hope you are wrapped up and managing to keep warm. Its been very chilly hasn't it? Park run here was even cancelled today due to icy surfaces. Still, I managed to get some lengths in at the pool instead!

I am posting a day earlier for Christmas Card Club as I have another post scheduled for tomorrow. The theme this fortnight is angels or fairies - I have gone for the fairy option and my mum has done one of each!


Here are mine - I made backgrounds using oxides and pixie powders on the gelli plate then finished off with more distress inks, masking and stamping.


Here's a close up! I also added some glitter on the wings and some posca pen on the berries.

Here are the ones my mum did ....


Firstly one using distress oxides and lavinia stamps ....


and this one used a diesire die...

I do hope you like our makes!

Big hugs!

Rachel xx

11 comments:

  1. Lovely fairy creations from you and your mum. The soft colours are gorgeous in the first set, and I love the Tarzan fairy swinging from the ivy boughs!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Fairy cards,gorgeous soft colours. Hugs Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Rachel and Gwen, your cards are gorgeous, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. All beautiful card love the stamps and great backgrounds
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards both of you...loving them all....hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards from both your Mum and yourself. All of them are so pretty and nicely made. Hugs to you Both. Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rachel & Gwen. Snap! lol. I went with Lavinia fairies as well. Love all these cards, and the die cut is lovely. Love the ink blending from your Mom, and I must try Brusho's on my Gelli plate now. Hugs, Shaz X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rachel
    Hi Gwen
    You both have made some stunning cards... love the Fairies...
    keep warm
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards Rachel, your Mum's are fabulous as well.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of you have made great cards this time and followed the challenge so well. Sorry I'm a bit late in commenting. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx