My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 17 February 2019

Christmas Birds at Christmas Card Club

Hello there! Its our fortnightly visit to Christmas card club and the theme this fortnight was provided by my mum - she chose Christmas birds. I made 4 cards, 2 of each design, all using the same stamp from Chocolate Baroque.


Here's all four together - such a cheeky robin on the mince pie.


Here's the coloured one - I used clarity papers and paper pieced the pie and bird....


This one is much simpler - stamping and colouring with inktense pencils....

And here are my mums cards....


this first one shows a hunky dory little book topper paired with a hunkydory die.


this second one has a robin stamp from hobbyart and there are small lavinia stamps around the edge.

I am looking forward to seeing what the other ladies have made too!

Big hugs

Rachel xx


12 comments:

  1. What stunning cards Rachel. I love those little birds, not seen mine for a week ot two now. Love Mums cards too. The geese look right at home. I thoroughly enjoyed doing Mum's choice of Birds. Have a Good Week. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel & Gwen, fabulous bunch of cards from you both. Love the Robin cards, the on white one really stands out. Great use of the tiny Lavinia stamps on Gwens card,and her Robin is wonderful. I need to do some reorganising of Christmas stamps, I think, as I'm sure I have something similar, but didn't come across it, hence me using Card-io. Hugs, Shaz X

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous cards from you both and a great theme from Gwen. This is the first time I've joined in this year so I have some catching up to do ;)
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel - fabulous array of cards and all gorgeous.

    Gwen - Thanks for a great challenge. I especially love your geese but the robin is perfect for Christmas.

    Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards Rachel, I especially like the CAS robins.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. All beautiful cards Rachel -I love the geese one
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all gorgeous, love the birds.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Rachel and Gwen, what wonderful cards you've both created, I love the robins Rachel and such fab colouring. Your geese are gorgeous Gwen and I love the robin and how you've stamped the background. Thanks Gwen for the challenge, I loved do it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning cards, Rachel and Gwen. Many thanks Gwen for such a great challenge too. Love all the bird images. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Robin really is cute and he looks beautiful with and without the coloured background and the Inktense pencils really bring out the colours well.

    Your Mum's Goose card is beautiful and the little Robin has a lovely cheeky face! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Gwen and Rachel. Firstly my apologies for being late but have been away for a short spell. Love the look of your robin cards Rachel. amazed at how different they look with the paper piecing on the coloured background. Your cards are lovely Gwen. Love the geese on your first card. I have a shop bought card with geese on that I can't bear to part with. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Both
    Fabulous selection of Robin cards... gorgeous
    Hugs Sy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx