My shining star

My shining star

Monday 19 November 2012

Christmas penguin and tales of guiding

Good morning all - well I tell you what - I feel so much better for some sleep! Those of you that visit often will know I went away for the weekend with my two girlies on a guide/brownie 'holiday'. We stayed in a timberlodge that was pretty glorious - even had its own sauna - but it still had paper thin walls and was full of giggling girls! That aside it was a fabulous weekend - here's a couple of pictures to show you....


 The first picture shows Penny getting a 'swing' from a guide and a brownie - and the second one shows Lucy doing her first ever sewing - she made a rabbit glover puppet and then used it with some other girls to put on a 'play'. Fabulous fun was had by all - and would you believe I even got chance to try my hand at knitting - it was my first attempt in 28 years!!! Blimey! Anyway - I suspect I may be showing my make on here so you're just going to have to wait!!!!

Onto todays card - thankyou for your patience!!!! This little chap is a digi by Crafty sentiments designs and he's called Christmas Penguin:



Isn't he a sweetie pie? My card has followed a sketch at CC and CC. I've used LOTV papers and sentiment and the snowflakes are spellbinders. The image is coloured with promarkers.

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:

CSDcraftysentiments: Christmas
TPSthepapershelter: Christmas Easel
Fat pagesfatpageswithattitude: winter
fussyandfancychallenge: feeling blue
fashionistachallenge blue christmas
Totally stampalicioustotallystampalicious: bling.

I got a nice surprise when I got home too - a parcel from the fabulous Elaine Wheeler of wheelerscraftiness - thanks Elaine - will email you! Also two stamps from the new CSD launch including the christmas dress one which I just loved to bits - so thanks guys!

I'm still trying to catch up from my weekend away - but I will get there! Thanks for visiting as ever and for any comments you choose to leave!

Big Crafty Hugs

Rachel xx


23 comments:

  1. Wow, Rachel! Saunas! things have changed a lot! lol The lovely expression on your daughters face says it all doesn't it?
    Your card is lovely, and I love the penguin. Look forward to seeing your knitting. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel this is gorgeous the penguin is adorable and shape and layout are beautiful. Looks like you had a fabulous time and I'm looking forward to the knitting. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Christma card , the little penguin looks fabulous-Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it sounds like you had a good time. I'm sure you were not expecting to get much sleep anyway!!

    I love your card, the penguin is adorable and the colours are fabulous.

    hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Rachel, love the penguin. The girls certainly looked like they had a good time

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rachel, well Lucy seems to have thoroughly enjoyed herself judging from the photos. I really don't envy you a night of giggles though..... Your card is beautiful, love that gorgeous little penguin. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like plenty of fun was had, glad it all went off well.

    Love your card today, fabulous image and I love the layout and design.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week.
    Hugs, Bente

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had fun..despite sleep ....super ute penguin! Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant card love those adorable penguin Ginny xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like your girls had a blast. Wonderful easel card - great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a darling card you created with this fabulous penguin image from CSD! I just love this little guy too, he's just so darn cute! Thank you for joining us this week at the Crafty Sentiment Designs Challenge!

    Jackie, Crafty Sentiments Designs DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a lovely card Rachel, such a cute image. I'm so pleased you and the girls had a lovely weekend and how lovely to come home to some nice goodies!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hiya Rachel,

    This penguin is cute isin't he !! And your card is super cute as well !! Looks like you and the girls had a great old time over the weekend !! Can't wait to see what the knitting turned out like !!

    Offical bit now...

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a fun weekend. Such a cute card too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Rachel, A wonderful card with a cute image, and boy do I remember Guide camps!!! we only had tents and it usually rain, but a great time was had by all!! especially when the Scouts had their camp next door.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute penguin and a lovely card. Fab photos too :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A very lovely card. Love the sweet looking image. Thanks for playing with us over at the Paper Shelter this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  19. cute card and image love sentiment die-cut -sounds like you had a great weekend
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  20. An adorable card, I love the cute penguin and the black sparkly card looks fabulous. Lovely photo's too
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab card and love the photo's too hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous Christmas easel card Rachel!
    Thanks so much for sharing your blue creation with us at Fussy and Fancy and best of luck!
    Hugs Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx