My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 23 September 2012

DT post for the Crafty Pad: Inspired by a song!

Good morning all of my friends and followers old and new! Hope you are well. I'll be at bootcamp when this posts - fingers crossed its not as wet as it was last week! Had a good one today - followed by a 50th anniversary 'do' at school and a kiddies party. Busy day!!!

Over at the Crafty Pad today there's a new challenge starting called 'inspired by a song'. You can see the deets by pressing the challenge link above. There's a prize on offer from our fabulous sponsors craftyribbons

 And here's our prize:
.

My song I chose was 'Lazing on a Sunny Afternoon' by The Kinks. I used Albert-Snoozin from The Crafty Pad.



He's a fabulous image and I really enjoyed colouring him! I've gone simple on this card - I think the image is enough!

I'd like to enter albert for the following challenges:
allsortschallenge: Inspired by a song
sweetstampinchallengeblog: How Charming
craftpunked: Hobbies
promarkerchallenge: CAS
polkadoodle Inspired by a song

Have a fabulous Sunday - hope to see you tomorrow with a CSD card - thanks for popping by today - I do appreciate your comments!  And don't forget the month long Think Pink challenge also running on the Crafty Pad - and the separate month long one on dawn's Blog! Hugs Rachel xx




20 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel sorry I've not commented for a while health a bit up and down. Your card is fabulous the image is beautifully coloured and the layout is fantastic. Have a good day hugs Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Rachel. The image is brilliant.
    I hope you have a great day
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card Rachel,love the image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card & your song choice!
    Good Luck in your challenges.
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card and goes so well with your song choice. A x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Rachel, love the image and the song

    ReplyDelete
  7. see this is the reason I craft, whilst my husband is fishing I get my time. This is another great image and love the colouring and the way that the backing papers do not kill off the focus to the image, just great
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant male cards, love all your projects since my last visit xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, brilliant male theme. Thanks for joining Polkadoodles, NJ X

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic! I love your image :)) Thanks for joining Craft Punked this week, Paula :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. brilliant card rachel.i love the fun image and yor colours are fab.
    thanks so much for joining in my CAS theme this week at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Rachel, perfect male card and fab choice of song!
    Thanks for being Inspired by a Song for Allsorts this week and good luck!
    Hugs Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card, love the image and the colours
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card Rachel, quite a simple layout but very effective and beautifully coloured image.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable card! However I cannot see the charm, I am glad you joined us at Sweet Stampin' this week but you need a charm on it to qualify for the prize. PleAse let us know if I am just missing it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great take on the theme! The clean layout works perfectly to show him off as well as your wonderful coloring.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card, thanks for joining us at Craft Punked this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous card. A smashing image, coloured beautifully and a great layout too.
    Thanks for playing along with Polka Doodles
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous, what a sweet image, love it.. can't see the charm though.. Thanking you for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely project. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx