My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 6 December 2018

Christmas at Stamps and Stencils

Hello lovelies! How are you? I am well and happy and feeling a bit like a swan ...gliding gracefully along on the surface but actually frantically paddling to keep afloat! Still, soon be holiday time - really looking forward to it!

Today is the time for a new challenge over at stamps and stencils. The theme is Christmas so it couldn't be easier! Here's my mixed media card... I started with an gelli print made using acrylic paint.


Next I used a stencil from indigoblu and iced spruce distress ink...


Next to stamping - I used one from the cover of craft stamper and then two from a last years tim holtz set...


Finally I added a paper doll from TH... I do hope you like it!

I hope you can join our challenge.

Big hugs

Rachel xx

14 comments:

  1. Great background Rachel..just perfect for the T H image.....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mixed media card Rachel and fabulous background
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card Rachel, I love the background you have created.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Rachel, I love the background. Hugs Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Rachel.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that backgorund detail Rachel xx The paper dolls are the perfect addition x Doing a bit of frantic paddling here too as I need at least another week before Christmas !!!

    I am sure we will get there !!

    TFS and hugs Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your gelli plate background is really beautiful and I love the paper doll that you used, it goes perfectly. I hope things slow down a bit for you.... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fantastic card Rachel, I love the gelli print background and the over stamping. The paper doll looks perfect on it too.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your wintry card - those layers in the background give the impression of swirling snow, and the colours are really pretty too. Hope you can paddle a little less frantically soon, and enjoy gliding towards Christmas.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Forgot to say how much I'm going to miss Stamps and Stencils, thank you for all the inspiration.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful background Rachel and a super card, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Rachel. Sorry I don't seem to have had much time to comment...have still been looking though..Thank you for my gorgeous card, it arrived today. Will catch up properly soon..xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card Rachel and very vintage with the paper doll and the colour palette. Hope you and the girls have a super Christmas.
    Hugs from across the pond!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx