My shining star

My shining star

Monday 4 September 2017

Butterfly challenge

Hello there! How are you? We are good - things are busy with Penny going back to school today and Lucy starting high school tomorrow. But we are reflecting today on it being three years since out lives changed - when my wonderful husband had a massive heart attack that ultimately - after 4 months and a heart transplant, cost him his life. We all miss him so very much but we are all determined to make the most of our lives and be thankful for all we have ...on a daily basis. You just never know when things will change do you, so living in the present and enjoying it as much as possible is so important.

I am starting a new diet today too - its from the body coach Joe Wicks - I've got 90 days to get lean...we will see!!! I hope it doesn't leave me feeling hungry - not very good with that!

Onto todays offering - I recently bought some stamps released by Indigoblu and one of them is a beautiful butterfly - I wanted to use it so I checked out the theme for the current Butterfly challenge. It was 'its up to you' and 'wedgewood blue'. Here's what I came up with...


I made a distress oxide background and stamped and fussy cut the butterflies. I added them to a wedgewood blue background card but it looks pretty white here. I then added stamps around the edge and the sentiment - also from IndigoBlu.


There's another thing to ponder ....giving dreams a chance to happen!

I would like to enter this into Valery's butterflies-y-is-for-you-choose

Have a great day!

Hugs

Rachel x






10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and beautiful butterflies, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, adore the butterfly. Thinking of you and sending hugs, see you soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Rachel, I do love butterflies and the colours are gorgeous. Wishing both Penny and Lucy good luck on their return to school especially Lucy starting high school.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fantastic card Rachel, I love the butterfly stamp you've used and the colours too. Good luck to the girls on their return to school especially Lucy going to high school.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Rachel, beautiful butterflies.
    I always admire your positive attitude - I hope the diet goes well.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so good that you all take time to reflect, it has been a difficult time for you but you have, in my opinion, done an amazing job bringing up your beautiful girls! You really are an inspiration my friend!!

    The IB butterfly stamp is gorgeous and it looks so beautiful in your colour choices and wonderful background! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three years-time passes so quickly-you have all coped so well and good luck with the new diet-love the new butterfly stamp and beautiful sentiment
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful butterflies, Rachel! It's hard to imagine it's been three years since you've lost Shaun. You're doing an amazing job raising those girls single-handedly and keeping your life moving forward! You are an inspiration to many! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card. Gosh it is hard to believe that Lucy is starting high school. Time certainly is precious. Thank you for fluttering into the butterfly garden . Hugs to you and the girls. Mrs A.
    (Sorry I'm behind with my card for the current Christmas card theme. Trying to organise Dad's funeral from another county is not quick or easy. )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Magical shimmering butterflies - that shimmer of positivity shines in all you do and say about your onward journey with the girls, and I've no doubt Shaun would be massively proud of all three of you.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx