My shining star

My shining star

Saturday 1 August 2015

In the Summertime at Country View Crafts

Hello Lovelies - well its the first of the month and time for a new challenge over at Countryview Crafts Challenges. This months challenge theme has been chosen by alison and has got me thinking about things bright and beautiful and floral. With this in mind I decided to use Paperartsy goodies all from countryviewcrafts to make a canvas. I already sent this to a good friend for her birthday - hope she liked it!!!


Here's the full canvas - its around 7 inches by 18 inches - so its quite large. I started by painting the background in fresco-finish-chalk-acrylics smurf blue. Next I started to add background layers using the fresco-finish-chalk-acrylics snowflake and eclectica-paperartsy-stencil- dotseclectica-paperartsy-stencil-elb-ps002 leaves. I added paperartsy-fresco-finish-chalk-acrylics-hey-pesto to the leaves once the white had dried.


Next I used grunge-paste through eclectica-paperartsy-stencil-elb-ps013 by Lin brown. and allowed this to dry. Then I used rubber-stamp-sheet-by-lin-brown---elb16 and rubber-stamp-sheet-by-lin-brown---elb15 to create the stems and flower heads.


I painted the leaves in the snowflake paint then added some hey pesto. The flower heads were done using paperartsy-fresco-finish-chalk-acrylics---tango. with touches of some red acrylic paint that I had to hand.


Finally I added the butterflies made using sizzix-bigz-die-wtexture-fades---butterfly-duo-by-tim-holtz. I swiped over the surface with  brown potting soil archival ink then added the orange colour using distress pens.

I would like to enter this into the paperartsy topic14-flowerschallenge

I loved making this and I hope you agree its very summery! Please join us at countryviewchallenges where the prize is a fabulous £20 to spend in store! 

Big Hugs to you!

Rachel xx

24 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous canvas, Rachel, beautiful the colors! I am loving the way you are using those Paper Artsy flower stamps different way on different projects, all are unique and wonderful. Your friend must be happy to receive this precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Rachel, I am sure your friend will treasure it

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning canvas Rachel, I'm sure that your friend loves it. I love the gorgeous colours you've used and the beautiful butterflies that you've added. Hope you have a great weekend.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant creation Rachel, vibrant and just beautiful and fab image and colours used.xx
    {aNNie The Journey Is The Start My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your gorgeous,colourful canvas.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW this is fabulous!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous make Rachel, love the colours....bet your friend is thrilled with it.
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glorious colours Rachel and a beautiful canvas, I just love all the details, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! This is stunning Rachel, such a wonderful design and I really love those sunny colours. I bet your friend was delighted to receive such a special gift.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rachel, I don't know what a lot of these products are (yet!). However, the results you achieved with them are beyond stunning. That's some splendid stenciling, and I love the blaze of orange-y red against that pretty shade of blue. The butterflies are gorgeous, and this is just a spectacular canvas. I'm sure your friend was just delighted. TFS & Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is beautiful! Lucky, lucky friend, love this and need to win some supplies for me to make similar, but that is brilliant work Rachel, just gorgeous Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Rachel, your canvas looks great! The colours are gorgeous and I love the design of it! Hope you have a good weekend.

    Love From Rebecca xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful canvas Rachel, such a lovely summer design and colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty make Rachel. Love the colours of summer you have captured hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card, the butterfly is a real plus!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous canvas,love the floral images and bright colours-and love the beautiful butterfly
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such beautiful work, Rachel - I love the zing of the red flowers against the soft blues and greens, and the stencilling makes for a fab background. Lovely summertime creation.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a gorgeous canvas Rachel, definitely bright and beautiful. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great canvas! I love the gorgeous colours you've used!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can confirm that I absolutely love it Rachel, the colours are fabulous and your design is wonderful and the whole piece is full of great techniques.... This beauty is sitting proudly in my craft room - so thank you Rachel!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely canvas, I hope your friend liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful. Love the vibrant flowers, your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx