My shining star

My shining star

Tuesday 4 August 2015

Merri's card

Good morning! I hope you have slept well and are having a good day. It was a mixed day for all of us Fishers yesterday - The girlies went to mad science and I went for a 9 mile run - which was hard going but I did it ... then I went home and finished cutting the roadside hedge. Then, whilst crafting I got a call from my mum to say dad had had another fall - he was going off to hospital. I went and fetched the girls and then met my mum at the hospital - thankfully all the tests went okay and they released him around 7.30 last night. A big scare for all of us again but thankfully he's okay!

Today its one of Lucy's friends birthdays - Merri is going to be 9 - and this is the card I made to give to her.


It feels a bit like a blast from the past - I haven't made a card like this for donkies - but I enjoyed it and I think Merri will like it.


The image is from a LOTV pad - I chose this one as Merri likes camping and has a Jack Russel dog - result!  I don't think its too young for her! Hope not!!!

Have a great day - we're all busy again - the girls have more mad science and I'm going swimming - followed by shopping and housework .... and some crafting if I get chance!

Big hugs

Rachel x

17 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Rachel, I love the sweet image and pretty design.
    Sorry to hear about your dad, so pleased the tests were okay and he back at home now.
    Have a fun day!
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Rachel, it is beautiful. Dad okay this morning a few cuts and bruises but fine

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Rachel, I'm sure that Merri will love it. Glad to hear the your Dad is OK and the tests were fine. I'm sure that he's glad to be back home. Have a good day.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card Rachel, lovely pastel colours.
    Sorry to hear about your Dad, I hope you have all recovered from your scare.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card love the image and patterned hearts and what a beautiful name-glad to hear your dad is okay
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very pretty card Rachel. Sorry to hear about your dad but hopefully everything will ok now.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my sounds like quite a day - glad your dad ok and well done on the 9 miles! I love Merris card - sure she will too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you have had a good day and managed to craft. Love this card and I am sure Merri loved it. I hope you dad is okay today and love to your mum too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card rachel. I am sure Merri loved it. Hope your Dad is okay.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the fab image and details,just gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet Merri just loved her gorgeous card Rachel! Sorry to hear about your dad's fall but glad he's okay!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh golly Rachel, so glad your dad is OK today! I just love those LOTV images and this was is so lovely and it seems perfectly suited to Merri! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pleased to hear that your dad is OK, a worry for you all.
    Lovely card for a little girl, lovely image and colours, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Rachel, I love this card and I'm sure Merri will adore it. LOTV images are all so. cute and I love the hearts down the side of the card. I forgot to mention on an earlier post, I think your bench seat in memory of Shaun is such a lovely idea and so beautifully made. Thanks for commenting on my blog. Much appreciated.
    Big hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous card Rachel, perfect for a little girl. Hope your day went to plan and your Dad is okay today. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this cute card, so perfect.
    Pleased your Dad is okay, such a worry.
    Take care.x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx