My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 28 March 2021

Trees at Christmas Card Club

 Hello there! Well another fortnight has rolled around - and this time the theme for Christmas card club is trees - either in a scene or otherwise. Well I was so excited to receive my Lavinia trees from the recent release, I just had to use them in my makes for this theme - I've done 4 that are basically the same...



I did enjoy making these - all stamps are lavinia - I created the background by first stamping and embossing the sparkles in white then using distress oxides (squeezed lemonade, shaded lilac and chipped sapphire) then did the stamping with the beautiful trees, magnus and one of the owls plus some holly. I then used a very soft white chalk to create the misty effect and finally added the sentiment.

My mums cards are two that are very different from each other.


Firstly a clean and simple card using a penny black stamp....


and second a scene using a lavinia deer and woodware trees!

Hope you're having a good Sunday - I will be on day 2 of an IndigoBlu dirty weekend when this goes live - hoping I will be managing okay as I have my jab on Saturday morning! Yikes!!! Glad to be getting it though!

Big hugs

Rachel xx




16 comments:

  1. WOW stunning cards Rachel love the background scene and majestic stag-beautiful cards from your Mum too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Gwen and Rachel...fabulous cards loving the Lavinia stamps and the penny black tree....hope you enjoy your dirty weekend!...take care both of you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Christmas cards Rachel, super Lavinia stamps and I love your Mum's CAS make.
    I hope you are OK after your jab.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stamp Rachel can see why you were keen to use and it looks really effective. Gwen a pretty duo of cards and particularly like the lovely tree in the first. Zoe x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards from you both again this month. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rachel, beautiful cards from you both. The stamps and techniques used are lovely. Hope your experiencing no ill-effects from the jab and you're enjoying the 'dirty weekend'. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards Rachel, hope you and the family are well. Hugs Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards from both you and your Mum. Love them All. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well ladies you've both created wonderful cards, I love the scenes you've both created and that little lone tree Gwen is so pretty, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gwen and Rachel
    Fabulous cards from you both
    Hugs Sylvie ..
    Love to the girls x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards from you both. There is a simple elegance about the Penny Black Tree card that I just love and I also love the eerie/misty background you have created for your gorgeous stag too.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are gorgeous cards from you both hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the cards from both you and your Mum Rachel, they are all gorgeous.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the Lavinia cards you have created. So sorry for late commenting. Life just gets in the way of having fun. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Gwen, Bothe your cards fit the bill perfectly. Your Lavinia so differents to Rachels. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx