My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 1 September 2019

Under the Sea at Country view crafts

Hello there! How are you? Its the first of September - wow - scary - especially since I'll be back to work tomorrow! Yikes! How fast did July and August go?  Good thing though is that we have a new challenge at Countryview Crafts and this month its my theme and I have chosen 'Under the Sea' ...every time I say that I start singing the Disney song! Anyway - I would like to see your underwater themed makes. I decided to make a canvas - its A4 in size and I used a new paperartsy-large-stencil and also another stencil plus opaque texture paste.


Next I applied lots of paints with my fingers - oh I love getting messy!!!


Whilst drying I stamped out pink-ink-designs---a5-clear-stamp---sea-turtle on card and coloured it with pencils. Then I added some stamping on the board - I used stamps from the pink ink set but also a few from visible-image-clear-stamp-set---create-your-calm. I added some glitter pen ink to the vegetation and also some of the stamped images.... Here's how it ended up.




I hope I have inspired you to join our challenge! You could win a voucher for £20! You can find more inspiration and link up here.
Big hugs

Rachel xx


15 comments:

  1. Fabulous canvas Rachel-great texture and love the pink ink turtle stamps
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very evocative, Rachel! I wonder if our turtles crossed paths...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, love the layers and textures.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my so fabulous Rachel, I love your canvas and of course the turtle is amazing, brilliant colours and texture, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic canvas, Rachel!!! I especially love the colour and the stencilling!!! Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fab textured canvas Rachel, what a super turtle too! Happy September xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great theme and I love your canvas !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely fabulous, I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Rachel, a fabulous underwater scene.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful canvas Rachel. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely gorgeous Rachel, fabulous stenciling and your stamp sets work perfectly together. Hope work isn't too bad tomorrow - I'm glad I don't have to go anymore lol. Have a very happy week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great canvas, Rachel! Love how you created the waterworld and the turtle is fab!
    Good start to work today..... I have only 1 week left before I have to start again too =(
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic canvas Rachel and you've used one of my favourite stamps at the moment, the fantastic sea turtle.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your underwater world canvas, Rachel! So pretty! I hope all is going well with your work schedule. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope work went OK Rachel. Your canvas is stunning, I love anything sea themed, the underwater scene you created is gorgeous and I just love the sea turtle. Just gorgeous! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx