My shining star

My shining star

Tuesday 3 September 2019

tall tales and fish scales

Hello there - I am posting for Countyview challenges today - its my challenge - under the sea. My inspirational post today involves a picture of my Penny as a mermaid. She has always loved mermaids and had the opportunity at Center Parcs this summer to be one - and the photo that they took is the source of my inspiration for my project.



Having fussy cut the Penny mermaid out I started a canvas using another paperartsy stencil and some opaque paste. 


Once dry I used paperartsy paints and cut and dry foam to colour the background. 


Next I turned to jane-davenport-artomology-spellbinders-washi-mermaids and cut some parts out and added them to the background along with the mermaid photograph using mod-podge glossy.


I then added a few sequins and repainted the vegetation!


I hope I have inspired you to make a collage!

Big hugs

Rachel xx

7 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Rachel, a great way of keeping a special memory too.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful canvas and fabulous pic of Lucy as a mermaid
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny looks so beautiful as a mermaid and your canvas is superb Rachel. I love it! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mermaid pic makes for a great page, Rachel! I just discovered that Mermaiding was a thing, in a recent magazine article… Sounds like fun(and hard work too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your canvas is stunning Rachel x I love the background colur and details and Penny looks awesome x Great details and a canvas to treasure.
    Sending my best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx