My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 9 June 2019

Reindeers at Christmas Cards Club

Hello there! Its a new fortnight over at Christmas card club - and its my theme - I chose reindeers. For my makes I was very last minute but still managed to make three cards...


All three have backgrounds made using distress oxides on a gelli plate with luscious powders flicked on in the form of a liquid. I've then added a moon and outlined a darker sky in distress oxides. In the top 2 I added stamping from Lavinia and the winter wishes from TH.
In the bottom one I added TH diecuts, some Lavinia vegetation and a bit of TH stencilling. 

Now onto my mums cards - she made two:

This one uses stamps from Clarity ....



and this one dies from tattered lace! 

Its been a great few days - my birthday was on Friday - I was at work all day but I did have a nice evening.... and Saturday would have been Shaun's birthday - so we went out and played crazy golf and went to a garden centre - a nice quiet day out!

Hope you have a great Sunday - I'll be doing TV samples all day today!!!

Hugs

Rachel xx


16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards from you both. A lovely variety. Sorry I've missed your challenge but I will make it up. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cars are beautiful Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All beautiful cards Rachel love your backgrounds and you Mums globe
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Rachel. Your Mums cards are every bit as beautiful. Thank You for choosing such a lovely theme too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachel and Gwen...what fabulous cards you have both made....loving the inky backgrounds and Gwen great snow globe...xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous, loving the gorgeous reindeer's and different designs.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning cardsRachel love your Mums too....
    Fabulous xx
    Hugs Sylvie xx.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous set of cards Rachel, lovely backgrounds and stamped reindeer silhouettes. Thanks for a great theme.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your splattered cards Rachel,and the last design with the reindeer cut from the wording. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Gwen I love your globe reindeer.,he really really is a magnificent fellow . hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous cards and pottery. Sorry I haven't been around I have had a bout of Menieres Disease, feeling a bit better now. Hugs Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards Rachel, both yours and your Mums.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic collection of cards from both you and your Mum.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cards are beautiful Rachel, I love the backgrounds you created. Gwen's cards are beautiful too, that snowglobe is so lovely. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cards, all of them. You and your mum are putting me to shame, Rachel - I only managed one card this time. I like the backgrounds of your cards - I wasn't sure you could use oxide inks on a gelli plate so will have to experiment now that I've invested in a few oxide ink pads. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cards, love the Reindeer. Hugs Marlene

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx