My shining star

My shining star

Monday 3 June 2019

Busy buzzing kind of day ...

Hello there! Time for my second post of the month over at Countryview Challenges where the theme this month is 'Its a Bugs Life'. The particular bug I chose today is a magnificient Bee.


He's a lovely big stamp ... but I also used a smaller version in the background ... I used the gelli plate the achieve the ghosting effect....I learned this particular wrinkle at a class with the lovely Jo Rice...

I inked up the gelli plate with distress oxide and then stamped the smaller Bee stamp into the plate - no ink... I did this 4 times and each time stamped the ink that I removed from the gelli plate onto scrap paper.


Apologies for the quality here but this just shows the print that I then pulled from the gelli plate.... I actually used the inside of the card to pull a further lighter print too. 


Next I added the bee stamping, positioning him to try and obscure some of the line i had on the gelli plate image as I didn't blend my inks too well. I further covered this line with stencilling and also coloured in the bee. 


In the final card I just added a  sentiment from the lovely Alison Bomber.

Hope you enjoyed the process and like the card too!

Big hugs for a great day!

Rachel xx


12 comments:

  1. This card is beautiful Rachel, so pleased you told us how to do it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous card and an interesting sounding technique too.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bee stamp is certainly fabulous Rachel x Love that honey colour too x Sending my best wishes x
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Rachel looks a great technique and of course I love the Bee and the colour
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Rachel! Love the bee.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Rachel, I love your large bee and you have created a super background.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous design, with a monochrome theme it's so harmonious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a lovely card Rachel, and a great technique to use with the gelli plate. Have a very happy week, Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!!Do you do workshops and would you consider doing one at Limelight to see if it works for you ...I will be developing our Craft workshops again through Melody Crafts and Workshops soon! X

    ReplyDelete
  11. He's wonderful - and I love the ghostly versions hovering in the warm sunshine of the background. Could do with some of that sunshine round here at the moment!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great background, gorgeous big bee - Wonderful card! I love everything on it.
    Hugs Evelyn

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx