My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 23 June 2019

Christmas flowers at CCC

Hello there - well I am behind schedule today - apologies - made the card and forgot to post it! What am I like? I guess the only answer is busy! Anyway - the theme at CCC this fortnight is Christmas flowers - my make is done using stamps and dies from sheena....


For my card I made a background using weathered wood and hickory smoke distress oxides. I then stamped the corners in grey versafine clair and added a few stars. Then I stamped the words and die cut the flowers from a sheet of card I had coloured using festive berries, barn door and weathered wood distress oxides.  Finally I put the whole thing together.

My mum has been busy using stamps from paperartsy... she has made two lovely cards...



I love them!

We have had a good day today - its my mums birthday tomorrow so we went out for lunch - then I spent the afternoon practicing for a play that I am performing in two weeks time... lastly I have been with Penny helping her practice her duet with her friend for the same show...phew!!!! Time to relax now!

Big hugs!

Rachel xx

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Rachel. You lead a busy life. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel
    Fabulous cards... stunners from Gwen to...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I popped in earlier today and was surprised that your post wasn't up, after reading about your hectic day I can see why! :o) You certainly are a busy lady.
    A fabulous card using that lovely stamp, the inky background sets off the red poinsettias beautifully. A gorgeous pair of cards from mum too, wish her a happy birthday from me for tomorrow x
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of the cards are beautiful, I love the wonderful background you created on yours and the poinsettias on Gwen's cards are gorgeous. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachel, I'm not at all surprised you were a bit late - you've had a busy day. You and your mum have created beautiful cards sith gorgeous poinsettias that are perfect for the challenge. Happy Birthday to your mum for tomorrow. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is lovely ,as are the two made by your mum. Happy birthday to her for today. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rachel...beautiful poinsettia and backgrounds Rachel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gwen...really gorgeous cards...so vibrant xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cards Rachel, another lovely background from you and I love the poinsettia on the two made by your Mum.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday to your Mum and love the cards- fabulous background on yours but love the stamps your Mum used
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are gorgeous and love the poinsettias. Wish your mum a happy birthday from me.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the look of the grey stamped background for your fussy cut flowers. Very effective. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Gwen, two lovely poinsettia cards . I like the shape of the leaves on this stamp you have used. Belated Birthday wishes to you. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the cards Rachel. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx