My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 27 May 2018

Trees at Christmas card club

Hello there! Are you enjoying your bank holiday weekend? I really hope so! Its rolled around to Christmas card club already and the theme this time is trees... I decided to base my cards on a make I did with Brenda Brown at the last Ministry of Mixology I attended in November. Brenda's card was much more gorgeous - this is just my take on it using materials I had!


Here are the three cards I made - all variations on the same theme...


All cards have the same topper - these were made using a substrate that I covered in crinkled stamped tissue paper. The tree stamp came from a paperartsy set. Ontop of this I added a tando clock that I coloured with green treasure gold. 


To the clock I added a fussycut stamped tree and the ribbon.....


I added this topper to a variety of backgrounds and made three cards!

I do hope you like them!

Hugs

Rachel xx

17 comments:

  1. I love them Rachel...such a clever design..make a real focal point using the clock...and your beautiful backgrounds....enjoy the rest of the weekend xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel
    These are fabulous makes... love the clock face...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Rachel, these are simply stunning!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three fantastic cards Rachel, I love the addition of the clock face in them too.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachel, fantastic take on the theme, so different! Hugs, Shaz X

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are stunning Rachel. Hugs Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. The clock is such a focal point and I love those colours you have chosen. Three great cards. Hugs to you and the girls. Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW absolutely fabulous Rachel, love the designs and your colours too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that textured tissue paper. It looks fabulous with the imaginative use of the design elements of the clock and trees. These cards are just spectacular, and isn't great to use the skills you learn in a class? (I always forget what I learned, cause it takes me so long to finally put the class to good use!) TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cards Rachel, fabulous designs and lots of great details.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card design - the clock frame is such a brilliant element to set the trees against. Brilliant and beautiful cards.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Christmas cards Rachel
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clever combo of clock face and trees. Fab cards Rachel. Zoe x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great design Rachel, love these. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these Rachel, such gorgeous texture on the background. Sorry I've only just got here this time.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx