My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 9 February 2014

Favourite technique at Craft a scene - week 2

Hello there and Happy Sunday to you! I hope you are well and happy and coping in this wild weather. The winds have been really bad up here this weekend. Still rather appropriately we went to the swimming pool in Kendal - had a great swim - I managed 24 lengths this week and my breathing just seemed to click - much much better I think!

Its the second Sunday of the month so its my second chance to tell you about the current challenge over at Craft a scene - the theme for february is to use your favourite technique to create a scene. I chose the technique of acetate overlay - and I've done the same again this week.



I used some of the sheena oriental stamps to create the main background scene - painting with distress inks. Then on the overlay I added the branches of the cherry blossom in versamark, heat set with black wow powders and painted on the reverse with silkies from Imagination Crafts. 

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Kraftyhandskraftyhandschallenge: Spring Flowers
Twisted Tuesdaytwistedtuesdaychallenges - sky plus something that flies
Polkadoodles:polkadoodle AG

Thanks for dropping by today and for any comments you choose to leave! Big Hugs and hope to see you again soon! 

Rachel xx

28 comments:

  1. Great use ofthe acetate and a very pretty scene x hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous scene Rachel. The colours are beautiful and perfectly coloured. Good for you with the swimming lengths too. Have a Great Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful scene, very cleverly put together. Hope you will enter my new candy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning scene you have created Rachel. I always love your designs, they really are so inspiring.
    I hope you have a good Sunday.
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty Rachel, love anything Oriental and this fits the bill perfectly. Have a great day, Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Rachel !! Love it !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Rachel, Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning sweetie I just Love this!! hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful scene cleverly created .Thanks for joining us at Kraftyhands Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful card Rachel, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card Rachel. I would like to have a go at this. I love acetate but hardly ever use it. xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. The scene you created is beautiful and I love the way you have added more on the acetate - it is such a great technique. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely scenic card. I love the background and how you have created it. Thanks for playing along with us on the Kraftyhands Blog Challenge.
    Crafty wishes
    Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. totally stunning
    Thank you for joining us this week at Polkadoodles
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the scene you have created Rachel and the acetate overlay is fabulous.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful scenery card. Thank you for playing along with us at the Kraftyhands Blog Challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love your scene Rachel, this is so pretty :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this gorgeous scene Rachel, so summery too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful scene, very serene!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A really beautiful card Rachel. Love the scene you've created. Hope you've had a good weekend. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is gorgeous Rachel, such a lovely scene.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!! Want those stamps and want to try this myself, a really beautiful creation xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous scene Rachel.... wonder if I should try this next.... maybe not ;)

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is beautiful Rachel. You have created a lovely scene. With my DT hat on thanks for sharing with us at Kraftyhands.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful scene you created! Thanks for joining us over at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely layered stamping!

    Thanks for joining us at FSC!

    xxx Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's nice to see something a little different.Thank you for sharing it in the Kraftyhands Challenge.
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx