My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 7 November 2013

santas snowy season and a cautionary tale

Hello there lovely bloggers! I hope you are well and happy. Life here is good - I was lucky enough to be placed in the October challenge at Crafty Individuals so I'm over the moon! Thanks Jean and Malcolm!!!

I do have a cautionary tale for you this morning though - I am in the process of getting passports for my girls and I used an online company (passport-uk) to get what I thought was going to be a prepaid passport form. It turned out I was just paying for the forms to be printed! So please - don't be daft like me - check the fine print carefully so you know exactly what you're paying for! This happened a few weeks ago and I'm still feeling very sore about it but at least I've calmed own enough to write about it now!

Onto better things - I've made a card using one of the last christmas stamp sets from Sheena - and an old paint fusion stamp too. Here it is:


I cut the card to 7 x 7 inch using some centura pearl card from crafters comanion. I started by adding the snowflakes to the card and embossing with wow powders - sparkling silver and glittery white. Then I added distress inks weathered wood, salty ocean and faded jeans to make the background behind the snowflakes. Next I coloured the stamped image in promarkers and added it to the card. Finally I cut a layer of acetate the same size as the card and stamped the twiggy wreath in versa mark then added the glittery white WOW powders and heat set.  The sentiment was stamped and added last.

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Crafters Companioncrafterscompanion: Christmas
WOW Powders:wowembossingpowder Winter and Christmas
CHNC november:craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2 AG
winterwonderland:blue-and-white-only Blue and white o
CHNCcraftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge: Bling it up
Totally Gorgeoustotallygorjuss: AG with snow
allsorts:allsortschallenge Christmas cheer
AGOACchristmas-is-coming: Christmas is coming

Thanks for popping by today - and for your comments which I take great pleasure in reading!

Hugs

Rachel xxx

23 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Rachel, I love the image, beautiful snowflakes and wonderful twiggy wreath.
    I am sorry to hear about you being mislead but I am so pleased about your challenge win at Crafty Individuals.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card,lovely papers and fab image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply gorgeous card Rachel, congrats on your win, As for the passport fiasco it is good to let others know and we all learn by our mistakes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about the passport misunderstanding, but thanks for making everyone aware. Congrats on another fabulous card and your Crafty Individuals challenge placement, well done you!
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on your win Rachel!! So pleased for you. Sad about the passport problem though. Your card is beautiful, I love that twiggy wreath. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Rachel, brilliant design.
    Thanks for the cautionary tale.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful sweetie, hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Rachel. Sorry to hear of your problem, it just goes to show we all need to read the small print, so thanks for your reminder . Congratulations on your Crafty Individuals placement. :) Well done Hun!! Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, I'm a sucker for snowflakes & anything that sparkles! Sorry to hear about your passport issue, BIG hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  10. your card is lovely. Sorry to hear about the passport problem.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the Crafty Individuals win Rachel. Another gorgeous card and I just wanted to let you know that I CASE'd one of your SALS cards - thank you for the inspiration huni!
    I hope you didn't get too stung, there are some real nasty peeps out there, it's disgusting that they can get away with it small print or not, grrr ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful card Rachel. I think most of us have made similar mistakes at sometime or another. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous blue and white a perfect entry for our theme this week at the Winter Wonderland, thank you for joining us
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card for both CHNC challenges - hope to see more soon, Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations for your win at Crafty Inds Rachel! Sorry to hear you have been ripped off it certainly makes you wary! Fabulous card today Rachel, love how you did the frosty wreath around the fab image! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous festive card Rachel, I love the image and blue shades. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts for our Christmas Cheer challenge this week x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ouch, there are some cunning people out there ready to take money off of poor unsuspecting people. Hope you have them sorted now. I love your card today those wellies look great.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A gorgeous card Rachel. Love the colours and how you have done the acetate. Sorry to hear about your passport issues, it really makes my blood boil when people get ripped off like this.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card Rachel, love how you framed the cute boots!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a clever technique, and so effective, thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Brilliant card Rachel love the boots image and great wreath image embossed on acetate congrats on your placing and sorry to hear about the passport sting-
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  22. A fun card. Loving those wellie boots. I have just bought a pair of fur lined waterproof boots that have special steel prongs that snap out to grip into the snow. Bring it on!!! Thank you for joining in at Crafty Hazelnuts Extra this month. Hugs Mrs A. (GDT).

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so sweet. I love the blues you used!
    Thanks for playing along with Crafter's Companion!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx