My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 18 February 2018

CCC: Rudolph and friends

Hello there! How are you? I hope you are well! Today is the next Christmas Card Club for me and the theme this time is Rudolph and friends..... I have made 4 cards using deer .... they are all quite different so I will take them one at a time and share the stamp makers and other details with you....


This one is made using Sheena Douglass stamps ...I stamped the deer then masked and stamped another, masked again then stamped the trees...I masked them and masked the moon then inked the sky using distress ink and stencil brushes. Lastly I removed all the masks and coloured the images and added the bow.


This one is made using a stamp set from paperartsy (scrapcosy). I stamped the deer image 4 times then masked and added the colour and tone in tone stamping on either side. Finally I added the colour to the deer.


This one is made using Tim Holtz stamps. I created the background then overstamped the scene.


Finally this one - the distress oxide background was created first then the Indigoblu stamp was added. The sentiment is from the same Tim Holtz set as made the card above.

I hope you have a great day

Big hugs

Rachel xx

22 comments:

  1. wonderful cards Rachel, especially love the first 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all Rachel....nearly used the Sheena ones myself all steamed and cut out but changed my mind....love those TH stamps and your stunning oxide background ....hope you are having a good weekend xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all look wonderful. The T Holt one has such great images and the Sheena one has made up into such a pretty scene.

    Your skills with ink and masking etc show up so well in the others.

    Wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely selection of reindeer stamps you have in your stash Rachel. All your cards are gorgeous and so beautifully designed, especially the inky backgrounds.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Rachel
    Some stunning cards you have made...
    Love the Tim Holtz one...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Rachel what a great selection of reindeer cards. I couldn't pick a favourite. They are all great designs and colours and I love how you,ve used the masking technique. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous set of cards for this challenge Rachel. I particularly like the layout of the second with the four deer heads very eye catching. Hugs Zoe x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous set of Christmas cards Rachel -love them all
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous collection Rachel, they are all so different but I love them all.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning collection of cards. Hugs Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are fabulous Rachel, loving the different designs and reindeer.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Rachel, this is a gorgeous selection of cards. You've reminded me of stamps I COULD have used, lol. Hugs, Shaz XX

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous set of cards Rachel, they all look fab...love your DO background on the fourth one. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow four fab cards the top one is my fave

    ReplyDelete
  15. Four fab cards but that second won wins it for me. I love the Reindeer going down the page and I have never thought to ink a tree scene up in red. I Love the look it gives. Hugs to you and the girls. Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness, what a fab set of cards. I'm admiring your masking skills, and I'm sorry, but I just can't pick a fav among these 4. Each one has a unique look - with #1 & #3 having more serenity to the scene(IMHO). I loved the drama from the design and deep colors on #2 & #4 equally well. I'm with Mrs. A, would not have thought of using the red for the trees, but it works beautifully with the softer green on the opposite side, to join in the diamond shapes of the buckhead border. Super layouts and creativity! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  17. My goodness Rachel what amazing cards, each one a Wowzer.
    Beautifully designed and fabulous colouring ĺove every one of them, Kate x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cards Rachel, the scenic ones are fabulous but I especially like the second one - such a super design.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Four fabulous card Rachel. You've done a great job on them all. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Four stunning cards Rachel..x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx