My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 1 October 2015

Add some texture at Country view crafts

Hello Lovelies!!! Well its time for a new challenge at countryviewchallenges and this month Jennie has challenged us to add some texture. My first piece this month is a duo of mini canvasses for Penny's new bedroom - I've been decorating it after the re-wiring and the theme is under the sea. So I reached for my Tim dies and layering stencils and grunge paste and set to work playing!


They are both loved by my youngest daughter and thats good enough for me - but I hope you like them too!


On this one I used grungepaste through wildflower layering stencils - in fact I started the same with the other one too.  Then once dry my methods were different. For the blue one I painted with distress paints mermaid lagoon, salty ocean and blueprint sketch and left this to dry. Whilst drying I cut the diecuts using garden-greens-by-tim-holtz and -sand--sea-by-tim-holtz from card then coloured using distress inks and also added clear rock candy crackle. When the paint was dry I added wax to the wildflower and some blueprint sketch distress ink through the bubble stencil onto the canvas and the seahorse and also cut my letters - then I assembled the piece.


This one was made in a similar way except instead of using the distress paint I used black gesso to cover the canvas after having added all of the main parts of letters and seahorse - I also embossed the seahorse.. The main colour came from waxes. 

I hope that has wetted your appetite to join us in the challenge this month! You would be in with a chance of winning a £20 voucher to spend at countryviewcrafts.

Big hugs rachel xx



21 comments:

  1. You have certainly nailed the brief today Rachel, so much lovely texture here.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh fab Rachel !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful textures here Rachel, love what you did with the challenge theme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Rachel these are brilliant, so perfect for Penny's bedroom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the gorgeous texture Rachel.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Rachel, I'm sure they are going to look fab in Penny's new bedroom. Great texture and colours.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful, Rachel - love the light and dark versions and all the scrumptious texture.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I am loving these very much and love the texture and design. Penny is a lucky little girl.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful duo with my favourite summer theme, sea and seahorse :-) No wonder that your daughter loves them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are stunning Rachel, the colours and textures are so beautiful.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful creations! Gorgeous colors and textures, love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just catching up on my return from hols Rachel. Lots of exciting things going on with you.. huge congratulations getting your card in print. Well done it's a beautiful make. Your daughter must be thrilled with her sea panels. ..such lovely works of art and made by her own dear Mum. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just catching up on my return from hols Rachel. Lots of exciting things going on with you.. huge congratulations getting your card in print. Well done it's a beautiful make. Your daughter must be thrilled with her sea panels. ..such lovely works of art and made by her own dear Mum. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. The texture on each is stand-out! Beautiful creations.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow these both look fabulous great texture and colours hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are fabulous Rachel, beautiful colours and great texture.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! These look fabulous, so much gorgeous texture. They'll look great in the room you're doing up, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous creations and I love the bed you've been building for Penny - I don't 'do' flat pack, sadly, it gets the better of me every time Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. How did I miss this, beautiful canvas Rachel. Gorgeous blues in the background and love all 'sea things' on it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What wonderful canvases Rachel, I bet your daughter was over the moon to see them! Fabulous textures and love the theme, thanks so much for sharing them. Deb xo

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx