They are both loved by my youngest daughter and thats good enough for me - but I hope you like them too!
On this one I used grungepaste through wildflower layering stencils - in fact I started the same with the other one too. Then once dry my methods were different. For the blue one I painted with distress paints mermaid lagoon, salty ocean and blueprint sketch and left this to dry. Whilst drying I cut the diecuts using garden-greens-by-tim-holtz and -sand--sea-by-tim-holtz from card then coloured using distress inks and also added clear rock candy crackle. When the paint was dry I added wax to the wildflower and some blueprint sketch distress ink through the bubble stencil onto the canvas and the seahorse and also cut my letters - then I assembled the piece.
This one was made in a similar way except instead of using the distress paint I used black gesso to cover the canvas after having added all of the main parts of letters and seahorse - I also embossed the seahorse.. The main colour came from waxes.
I hope that has wetted your appetite to join us in the challenge this month! You would be in with a chance of winning a £20 voucher to spend at countryviewcrafts.
Big hugs rachel xx