My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 9 January 2022

Black and Gold at Christmas Card Club

 Hello there! 

Well it may seem a little crazy - but here I am with the first post of the year for the Christmas Card Club. I have made 4 cards using a die set from Tim Holtz - and you will see my santa has a slightly different colour scheme - not exactly gold but the best I could do!


I have mounted my santa onto some snowy paper from Little Claire that I have had in my collection for a very long time and finally got around to using.


Here are some more that I made using recycled Christmas cards that people sent me this year - I am determined to make better use of things! 


And now for my mum's cards ....
For this first one she has used Sue Wilson Dies

And for her second she used tattered lace products and a recycled tree.

I hope you have a great day! Enjoy your Sunday! 
Hugs
Rachel xx









10 comments:

  1. Great idea to recycle and they make fab cards. Thanks for mine hope your keeping well. Ww didnt get to see baby over Christmas as i caught covid but we enjoyed a few days after new year. Stay safe happy 2022

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you all!
    What a fabulous post, full of gorgeous Christmas cards in black and gold. Your Santa's look particularly fabulous. Great to be able to recycle some of your own Christmas cards too rather than just throwing them away.
    Lovely pair of cards from Gwen, very elegant and stylish.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy new year to you both...
    lovely selection of cards and a great bit of recycling...loving Santa,just bought him in the sale....love Gwens christmas tree,,,,xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous selection of card from you both and love the die-cut Santa
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel I adore santa's shiny new outfit. He looks well, Shiny! Super recycled cards too. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Gwen lovely cards for the first challenge. hugs mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Ladies and Happy New year to you both.
    Rachel your Santa cards are fabulous, I like his new coloured uniform and the background colours are marvellous.
    Gwen our cards are so elegant with the pretty dies and lovely designs, all perfect for the challenge, keep safe, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gwen and Rachel
    Lots of fabulous from you both…love the Sue Wilson Die …..
    Thanks for your lovely card Rachel ….
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A super collection of cards Rachel.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards from you both. I adore Santa in his yellow/gold suit and, as someone who recycles cards too, I love the second one. Your mum's cards are both gorgeous too. x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx