My shining star

My shining star

Wednesday 1 July 2020

Do more of what makes you happy - at Countryview challenges

Good Morning!

And so to another new month - I feel like my mind is still in April and am wondering who stole May and June!!! I guess thats the Covid 19 effect! Anyway, a new challenge starts today at countryviewchallenges and the theme is to 'Do more of what makes you happy'. In this case, there are two things that are making me happy - using a recently learned technique - thanks Jean Hardy - and also using a stamp for the first time - so the new to me technique is the use of clingfilm in background creation -

to do this I just used kohi noor paints to paint my card then put clingfilm over the top whilst it was still wet and crumpled up the clingfilm then left it to dry. When I removed the clingfilm I had this lovely pattern.


Next to the new stamp - I have had this for a while but it had never been inked up - what a tragedy!!!Its called total-chaos and you can find it here. I firstly stamped up the main flower then fussy cut the flower head from a background in my bitsa box. After that I did some background stamping in red and yellow and added the green leaves and finally added some torn dictionary paper.


I quite like the end result but it is very bright!!!

Hop you can join our challenge. You can find further details and link up here

Hugs

Rachel xx

14 comments:

  1. Love it Rachel, the background is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Rachel, a gorgeous background and lovely stamp.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card Rachel, I love the colour of the flowers against the hot colours of the background.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. those colours certainly make me happy Rachel...lovely and bright
    takecare

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Rachel, I love using that technique.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card ! Love this VI stamp ! Happy July Rachel ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous bright colours and a wonderful technique and background with a pretty floral image, wonderful card, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bright is beautiful Rachel, and so is your card. I really like this background technique and must give it a try. Take care and have a very happy July, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so gorgeous Rachel and yes it's a really fab set. Happy July my dear and take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great technique with the clingfilm!!! I love the pattern and the colours of your background!!! Fabulous card!!! Have a great July and big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The hot colours are perfect for a summer make, Rachel! Lovely background and new stamp, glad it made an appearance. Enjoy your class with Tracy! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous background-love the clingfilm technique and beautifu decoupaged flower
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous - such beautiful and bright colours

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's sure been a trying few months but we crafter's are very lucky to have had the company of our craft stash to keep us sane (just!!) The cling film technique is a fun one and with that stunning flower you've created a fab card, I LOVE the bold bright colourway. So glad you finally inked up the stamp and brought it out to play... Thank you for sharing.
    Creative wishes Tracey x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx