My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 1 August 2019

Texture at Countryview Challenges

Hello there! Well its the first of August and that can mean only one thing - time for a new challenge over at Countryview Challenges - and the theme this month is texture. I have a card for my first inspirational piece for this challenge. Its not huge on texture but there is some here.


I started by making a distress oxide background....

Then I added some text ....

next for a little stamping and some blobs of texture paste ...


Here's the completed card - all stamps are from the latest paperartsy release  you can find here.

here's a close up of one of the stamped images ...


and here you can see the crazed texture I also added in places here.

You can join our challenge and get lots of inspirationHere.

Big hugs

Rachel x

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful Rachel...the song 'blue skies' came to mind when viewing this.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this fantastic card Rachel, it looks like there is texture even if there's not a lot.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Rachel, gorgeous colours, thank you for sharing the step by step.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Rachel, love the layers and colours.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Rachel, love the background and the fabulous images, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Rachel, a beautiful card. Have a fun week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful Rachel - great texture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that stamp set! I wanted to use it as well but the image are so detailed I couldn't imagine them with "texture"... A lovely card, Rachel, the background reminds me of a night sky and the crazed texture looks great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card and fabulous textured background and great stamps
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Oxide background you created is absolutely stunning Rachel, it certainly looks textural to me and I love those PA stamps, you have used them beautifully. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card and colours!!! Have a nice weekend!!! Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, Rachel! The new stamps are amazing!
    Have a wonderful weekend ahead!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it Rachel ! Love the new PA releases too !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fab card Rachel...it was almost a shame to put anything on top of your gorgeous background. Happy August. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - you created the perfect skyscape with your Oxides - it's just wonderful, like gazing up into the heavens... and then, of course, the perfect stamp choices to go with that - fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx