My shining star

My shining star

Friday 22 June 2018

Final June GDT post - Chocolate baroque

Hello there! I have a piece over at the Chocolate Baroque Design team blog today - its my final GDT piece for June.

My third and final piece of inspiration for this month is a small tryptych. I have used the following stamp sets in creating this piece: Birdcage collage, a littlebird told me, rustic fragments and sunny sunflowers. 




I started by gessoing the tryptych then, once dry I stamped the birdcage collage and coloured it using a combination of acrylic stamps and distress inks. 




Then I painted the gessoed surface with distress ink before stamping over it with a rustic fragment stamp.

 Next I prepared some card with distress inks and stamped and fussy cut some of the flowers and leaves and also a bird. I added these to the sides of the tryptych and finally added the words 'a little bird told me'. 



I really enjoyed making this piece...its living in my craft room - formerly known as my dining room!

Have a great day!

Hugs

Rachel x





12 comments:

  1. This is stunning Rachel, I love the colours you've used too.

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply stunning Rachel, gorgeous colour

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Rachel...lovely colours,love the design simply gorgeous.....
    Have a great weekend xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you beautiful tryptich Rachel x Such fabulous stamps and I love the layout too x

    TFS and hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work Rachel,love it.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous triptych Rachel, love all the images and your colours are beautiful, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tryptich is so beautiful, I love the background colour and your fussy cut flowers are gorgeous! Hope you have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous tryptich Rachel love all the stamps
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Rachel, lots of super details.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rachel I need to contact you could you e mail me please....I have tried several e mails but I don’t think I have the right address...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it Rachel, fab colours and great designs sweetie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous, gorgeous colours. Hugs Marlene

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx