My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 11 October 2012

Snowflakes - and some departures

Morning all! I'm a little sad today because I've had to leave two of my Design teams for reasons I don't fully understand - but it has been my choice to go! I hope they both manage to work things out, thank them for having me and I wish them the best for the future.

Anyway -onwards and upwards as they say! Today I want to show you a card I made for the challenge on the Sunday stamper this week which is snow/snowflakes - I have to say I am very pleased with the card - it looks very pretty to me!



I've used white papers that I've stamped on using two different snowflake stamps in versa mark - then added clear embossing powder and heat set. After that I've used broken China DI direct to paper and smudged more in using cut and dry foam. I've used stormy sky DI around the edges  then buffed up the snowflakes using kitchen roll. Finally i've added the ribbon and charm and mounted this onto some LOTV blue snowflake paper and onto a card. The verse is from Clarity stamp but obviously its not their verse - its walter de la mares!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Sunday Stampers:pinkleart snowflakes
Whimsy: whimsyinspiresAll things sparkly
Divas:divasbydesignchallenge Anything goes
craftsandmechallenges Anything goes
craftysentiments: Anything goes
cinspirations: Anything goes.
southerngirlschallenge: Tie a ribbon round it


Back tomorrow with a LUFP card! Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you back again soon!

Hugs

Rachel xx


30 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel gorgeous card no wonder you love it. I love the snowflakes and the colours you have used are fabulous. All I can say is it's there loss. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, this is gorgeous the colours, snowflakes just right.I agree with Caroline it's there loss.
    Kaz.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card Rachel, looks lovely in the flesh shall we say. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Rachel. I love that gorgeous shade of blue and the sentiment is beautiful.
    It's a shame about the design teams.
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachel, your card is stunningly beautiful! The blue against the frosty snowflakes is divine as is the ribbon with the gorgeous little snowflake charm. I believe that everything happens for a reason, you will go on to bigger and better things, so don't be sad, think of it as a new beginning.... Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty? Pretty gorgeous more like... love the sparkle and the icy feel... marvellous. Sorry about your DT things hun... just think though..more time to craft for you x Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing card, the background is absolutely beautiful! Hope things work out for the design teams, it's their loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous holiday card! Love the background you created and the add charm. Sorry to hear about the dts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely stamping and inking.
    Geraldine M
    CBN DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Rachel, love the colour you've used ..Px

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a real stunner Rachel. I must get my snowflake stamps out later and come up with something for this weeks challenge at Hels blog! I especially love the blue - but then that was my favourite blue DIP for quite a while. The ribbon's beautiful too Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous card Rachel, the bow sets it off perfectly x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely card. I especially love the dimensional look.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning hun, you could enter this into our challenge over at Kraftyhands where October's theme is charms.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card Rachel, love the colours and design. Sorry to hear you have left 2 design teams, but it is their loss. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card, resist technique to perfection xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, love this one Rachel, fab colours & love the charm! So sorry to hear about the dt's......defo their loss, hope you're ok.
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really beautiful, love the blue and sweet snowflake charm, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rachel
    what a beautiful card love the blues so frosty and perfect for the snowflakes love the little charm
    Gorgeous
    Debbie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry about the DT's - but as you say onwards and upwards!!
    This is beautiful and the sentiment is great!
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. You should be pleased Rachel, your card is gorgeous, such a beautiful colour and lovely verse.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. love the mono and love the colour a great card
    hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's a lovely technique, one of my favourites. Fab colours.
    I've tried not to get involved in the recent issues but it's affected me too. Sometimes you just can't win.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is stunning! A beautiful card for Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stunning ,thats a lovely Xmas card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful design and just love the striking shade of blue you've used! I'm sure things will work out exactly as they are supposed to and you'll be better for it. Who knew there'd be drama in the crafting world:)

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the card and, as a new crafter, thank you for the tip about buffing up the embossed images. As Shelby said, these things will work themselves out; my boyfriend says one door (or two) closes and another opens......

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very beautiful card! I like the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fab creation and thanks for joining us at Creative inspirations for our Anything goes challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx