My shining star

My shining star

Friday 17 June 2016

Riikka Workshop 3: Heart of Turisas was forged by the winds

Hello there - well this is the result of my third and final workshop - sadly I needed to get home so couldn't do the Sunday pm workshop. But this is the project that turned my head in the first place - and also the one that I loved most of all.



This is Riikkas project - it was even more stunning in the flesh - and here's what I made:


Here's how it started ..


more progress ...


I decided I really wanted to use both halves of the polystyrene heart - to make this piece a tribute to my late husband Shaun. So I did - I think it has made the whole thing very busy but I do love it.


Here's a more arty shot to try and give more of a feel of the dimension. 

It was such a wonderful class - I loved it. 


And if you're wondering - the name of the class comes from a song by Riikka's favourite metal band!!!! She even played us a clip!

Big hugs and hopes for a wonderful day!

Rachel xx



16 comments:

  1. Fabulous Rachel what a great weekend of workshops with brilliant results. No wonder you enjoyed it so much xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Rachel, this canvas is amazing! I can imagine why you enjoyed making this! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! The workshop looks amazing. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous make Rachel, I love all the elements you've added to it and the wonderful colours too. I can see why you loved this workshop, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel, you never cease to amaze me with your creative skills! Your canvas turned out fabulous, and when I clicked on the images to enlarge them, I could see all those wonderful elements, the texture of the background and those details on the hearts! What a lovely tribute to your late husband. I know he is looking down from Heaven and grinning from ear to ear! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your canvas looks amazing Rachel....looking forward to viewing more projects in this style as you have clearly had a lot of fun. Lovely to dedicate it to Shaun too..makes it extra special

    Huge hugs
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Rachel, this looks fabulous, love the hearts and a great way to remember Shaun too!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautifully creative piece Rachel and an amazing tribute to your lovely husband.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Rachel, absolutely stunning- it looks like this was a fabulous workshop.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, it's a stunner Rachel! Looks like you had great fun!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful project - and now I love the two hearts even more with the tribute idea! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Riikka - for your words and the inspiration... xx

      Delete
  12. Oh Rachel, this is gorgeous, absolutely stunning and what a wonderful tribute to Shaun. XXx

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a gorgeous make and such a lovely tribute xx hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous canvas Rachel a lovely tribute and looks brilliant with both hearts -love all the texture
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. You lucky lucky girl! This is wonderful and I know you took away a lot of useful tips! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx