This was the starting point - it cost around £5.
I started by painting it with grandmas teacup paint from Indigo blu - for the blocks and months I watered the paint down as its very thick.
Next I added, using a spatula paperartsy-fresco-finish---crackle-glaze and allowed this to dry.
The next layer was Buff paperartsy-fresco-finish-chalk-acrylic-paint. The crackle worked almost immediately but did develop further as the paint dried.
Next I stamped some images from eclectica-rubber-stamp-sheet-by-elizabeth-borer, coloured and fussy cut them
I added them to the top of the calendar and stamped a sentiment directly onto the crackles.
This is a close up of the top!
I hope you have enjoyed todays post and will be tempted to join us in the june-challenge at Countryview Challengles which is all about crackle.