My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 13 January 2013

second GDT post for Christmas card Challenges

Morning all - wow - this year is already flying! Can't believe it!!!! Already time for my second GDT spot for Christmas card Challenges. This week the challenge is to make a Christmas card using silhouettes. My card is here:


I've used a set of stamps from claritystamp detailing the nativity. The card was cut using a die and I've matted and layered the card and stuck to an orange and black colour scheme. I've used a peach coloured base card and built up the outside with distress inks - spiced marmalade, scattered straw and a little walnut stain. I've used the edge of the foam and not blended to get a sort of saw tooth effect. Well I had fun making it anyway!!!!!

I had fun at the workshop yesterday too - more on that tomorrow but it was fabulous fun and great value for money too! Thanks Sarah McCrossan for a fabby day!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
abcchristmaschallenge: A is for animal - there's at least two there!
songbirdchallenges: Paint it black - black +1
craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge: No rudolph

Thanks for visiting today and I hope to see you again soon!

Big Crafty hugs

Rachel xx


20 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Rachel. Love the nativity scene And the inked background.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Rachel, this is beautiful. You could not have chosen a better stamp, in my opinion, the silhouette looks beautiful against your background - I like the 'tooth' effect with the DIs as it gives it a halo effect - wonderful work! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous I love silhouette and you have chosen a great colour for the background Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love how you made the background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this one Rachel the colours are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this one Rachel, the colours are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card Rachel, it really glows with warmth !! Congrats on another GTD spot !! WTG !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rachel, such a gorgeous card, I LOVE the colours and also the flowers, they are wonderful.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  9. The orange and black gives such a lovely background for the silhouette - a beautiful card - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 107 - don't forget you could also enter this into my new CHNC challenge extra for January - I'd love to see it there too. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, the background is spectacular! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning Rachel, I love your colour combination.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely Rachel. I love silhouette images and your background looks fabulous :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too cool of a card. Love how you've used the bold oranges and the silhouette is just lovely.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the glow you have achieved around the central image very clever! Trace. X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card and love the traditional image too! Great to see you Playing along with us this time at ABC Christmas challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is very unusual ..I really like the colour scheme you've chosen, the orange works great with the black and the silhouettes x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, fab card, love the colours and the traditional image.
    Great shape too. Thank you for playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really gorgeous, love the colours the orange and black look so striking together
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW!!! I love it! Orange and black are amazing together!

    Thank you for joining us at Songbird Challengeblog :)

    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous love the background and the flowers too well done

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx