My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 2 June 2016

Floral frenzy at Stamps and stencils

Hello there! How are you today? I hope you are good! I have journal pages to share with you today that I have made for the new challenge over at stamps and stencils. I made these using the following:

Tim Holtz Lace stencil
Paperartsy infusions
Parperartsy stamps - Lin Brown (ELB01) and Emma Godfrey (18)
fresco paints
archival inks
posca pens


The background was a complete mish mash - the pages began as brayer clean ups when using fresco paints - to that I added some infusions and spritzed with water , added more and added some pearl glaze. I mixed this in then did some stencilling - with fresco paint through the TH stencil.


Next I went onto stamping - the flower heads came from Lin Brown - as did the stalks - some were stamped in archival ink and others in fresco paint.


I then added some words from the dream stamp set by emma godfrey - I also added some of the smaller stamps too. Finally i used a white posca pen to add the white highlights.

Sorry I don't have process photos for this - it was much needed therapy!

I do hope you like this and feel inspired to join us at stamps and stencils.

Big hugs

Rachel x


21 comments:

  1. Absolutely love your journal pages, messy beginnings make for fantastic layers and the depth you've created is just wonderful, LOVE your flowers, gorgeous work Rachel! Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Rachel, gorgeous colours and stamped images, your background as ever is wonderful, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful journal spread Rachel, love how you built up the layers with a super end result. It looks so beautiful and summery with those happy flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow They're gorgeous pages Rachel. I love those flowers. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful Rachel ! Your pages truly are a floral frenzy and all the layering is just gorgeous ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a yummy spread, Rachel! Your background is fabulous and the flower stamping is gorgeous! This is so beautiful. So happy to have shared another fantastic challenge with you. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love this Rachel! the flower stamps are gorgeous and I love your background huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous pages Rachel, beautiful flowers and lovely colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachel, those flowers pop off the page! I love the strokes of white and that painty background! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Rachel, what an absolutely beautiful floral art journal page! Amazing background and your flowers are fabulous! I love the white highlights and your awesome layering! It's brilliant! Big hugs! Branka xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your art journal pages Rachel. Fabulous background and I just love those flowers. The addition of the white pen really adds to the finished pages.
    Hugs to you and the girls, Jennifer xx.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colour and gorgeous result.xx{aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your floral frenzy pages Rachel, summer has begun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely amazing pieces, love, love, love them.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's beautiful, Rachel - the lush abandon of this floral frenzy is wonderful.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pages Rachel! You've created a wonderfully detailed background on which top pop those gorgeous flowers! A real floral feast ! Toni xc

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous pages Rachel, so much depth. I love them. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow these are crammed with gorgeous flowers x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brilliant journal pages love all the layers of stamping,paint and stencilling-hope you felt better afterwards
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx