My shining star

My shining star

Thursday 5 May 2016

Think Pink at Stamps and Stencils

Hello there and a very good morning to you! I do hope you are feeling bright this morning - my DT piece is certainly bright but I hope you'll like it. Over at stampsandstencils today we are starting a new challenge chosen by the lovely Branka. This is what she had to say.....

 For this challenge we would love to see a mixed media project that has some pink in it somewhere! The possibilities are endless! Don't forget to include some stamping or stencilling or both in your mixed media project! We can't wait to see what you create!   

With this in mind I set about making a canvas. Its an A4 size and I started by adding some grungepaste through a stencil from Indigo Blu and another stencil from crafters workshop and after drying I painted the whole canvas with metallic pink paint (cinderella) from Indigo Blu.

I felt it was a bit bright - even for me - so I knocked it back with some Marshmallow paint from Indigo blu applied with a brayer.


Next I did more stencilling using pantry white paint from Indigo Blu and a rose stencil also from indigo blu.


This is what it looked like....


Using the same paint I stamped some Limor circles ( also Indigo blu)


I was happy with this background so then I stamped the giant butterfly from indigo blu three times and fussy cut. I also added some paper clay butterflies from some moulds and stamped a central saying from Visible image.


The butterflies were all coloured in using distress pens....


I am pleased with this one ...


I hope you like it too - and feel inspired to join our challenge!

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Hugs

Rachel x

30 comments:

  1. Indeed I do like it Rachel, it's so very pretty and feminine.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Rachel, I am so glad you showed us a process of creating this beauty! I love how you did your background and your pink color is awesome! Amazing design and a perfect and so true quote! Your butterflies are to die for! Marvelous project! Big hugs! Branka xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Rachel, it's lovely to see the process - I really must give mixed media a go!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Rachel! first post I have read this morning and I am wide awake now ha ha! your canvas is very pretty and I love the butterflies and the great use of stencils for your background. Have a great day. Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous canvas Rachel, love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable stencil and canvas Rachel, sweet colours just love it.xx
     {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Rachel! Love your textured and stencilled background. Perfect for your butterflies and sentiment. Love it! Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning Rachel, love the background, stencils and gorgeous butterflies.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Canvas Rachel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like how you built up those layers Rachel, your background is so effective and of course the butterflies are just the icing on the cake - beautiful! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally stunning Rachel, a wow of a colour and all the stencil shapes are fabulous, I do especially love that rose. Your butterflies are so pretty. Thanks for letting us see how you achieved this wonderful piece of work, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's gorgeous Rachel, so girly and pretty. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your vivid pinks are so uplifting - gorgeous florals in the background and the butterflies are lovely.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fabulous canvas Rachel. Loving the background and the beautiful butterflies. Thanks for stopping by my blog, much appreciated.
    Hugs Jennifer xx.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow you've done an amazing job on this background Rachel, loved seeing the pics as you built up the layers, so pretty. A gorgeous canvas.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at More Mixed Media. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the layers of stenciling you have built up on your background x a great make x hugsx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am not usually a bright pink fan, but this is really gorgeous Rachel, happy and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous layered background love the stencilling and beautiful butterflies
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is really lovely Rachel, great stencilling, and just a happy piece xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tickled Pink is what I am looking at this canvas! Your use of the stencils and layering the stencils is amazing! What a wonderful and happy design. Your butterflies are gorgeous, down to the little details. And the molded butterflies are awesome sauce as well. Fantabulous and beautiful canvas!

    Thanks for joining in our "Celebrate Your Style" challenge at Anything But Cute and also coming to our Anniversary party! Hugz! ~Niki DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is really gorgeous Rachel, love the colours. Big Hugs Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is really gorgeous Rachel, love the colours. Big Hugs Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another stunner Rachel! Those butterflies look as if they might fly off any second! Love the background too!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful project!
    Thanks for joining us at More Mixed Media Challenge blog and good Luck !
    Maryvonne - DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  26. Rachel, so sorry I haven't commented on this post yet. I don't know how I let our post slide away without visits... I wanted to say how much I hate when you doubt yourself! I loved your project and am so thrilled to be your teamie at S&S! This is fantastic! I adore using stamping as the focal point for a collage. Your butterflies are fabulous on this yummy background. And thank you so much for entering with us at Anything But Cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome pinkness! I love everything you did on this canvas Rachel. I especially love the rose stencil and the butterfly stamp - they're right up my street xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous project and great step by steps. Perfectly pretty in pink!! hugs Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, dera, Rachel! How did I miss this? I love the pink background and your butterflies are delightful! I surely loved watching your process shots--it felt like we were crafting together!Hehe!

    While I'm here I will thank you for Celebrating Your Style with us at Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  30. And back again to say congratulations on your Top Pick at More Mixed Media! So well deserved! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx