My shining star

My shining star

Wednesday 27 December 2017

A floral wreath

Hello there! Did you have a great Christmas? I do hope so! We had a very relaxed time - and I thoroughly enjoyed the rest. I am back to work today - but not for too long - I finish on the 12th January so have to make the most of the hours I have got left!

I am guesting at the Chocolate baroque DT blog again today and I have chosen to use one of my makes from the TV show for the bold blooms.


The mdf wreath was designed by my lovely friend Jo Rice and bought at one of her workshops. I coloured it mainly using oxides and then stamped and fussy cut the flowers and butterfly. These awere coloured with distress and then I added elements of sparkle using pens and glitter glue. I also cut and coloured the leaves similarly.

Christmas was lots of fun - we enjoyed ourselves on Christmas eve....

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing and hat

and then again on Christmas day ....

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, eyeglasses and closeup

and I even got my crafting on in the afternoon and spent 3 hours making a needle felting ring from a kit from the Makerss....

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, indoor

It was so very relaxing - I loved it!!!! And I love the result too! Here's a closer look!



I hope you had a similarly relaxing time!

Big hugs

Rachel xx

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Wreath, hope you had a lovely Christmas, Best Wishes for the New Year. Big Hugs Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wreath is fabulous Rachel! I love the felting too. Glad you all had a lovely Christmas.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are getting so proficient with your needle felting, I love what you made and your wreath with the flowers is gorgeous too! It looks like you had lots of fun over Christmas too! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful wreath Rachel, so pretty - your needle felting ring is fabulous as well.
    I'm so pleased that you had a relaxing and enjoyable Christmas.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous wreath Rachel, you are a clever lady...Love it.. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx