My shining star

My shining star

Monday 5 September 2016

Travel at countryview challenges

Hello lovelies! Well its time for me to do another post for countryview challenges to share the challenge theme for this month which is travel  - I wanted to use the tim-holtz-cling-mounted-stamp-set---cityscapes and i ended up doing a journal page ... as always I started with a page of brayer wipes!


I added more paint using the brayer and landed up with this background ...


I was happy with this but still added a little more paperartsy fresco vanilla to tone the colours down before continuing. Then I stamped the cityscapes directly onto the page - they didn't show up well so I moved to white card and fussy cut them!


I also added stamping and diecuts - from paperartsy and Tim holtz stamps plus an indigo blu script stamp that is always on hand on my desk. 

I added the city names using Tim stickers as the outline ..



The diecuts are from Tim Holtz - I love to travel - its part of life - but in the words of Tim - we always should 'enjoy the journey!

I hope you can join us in our challenge this month! You can find the linky here

Big hugs

Rachel xx





15 comments:

  1. Good morning dear Rachel. This came together brilliantly. The different cities work so well and using the white card in the end was perfect.Enjoy your week it's finally raining here today.Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel, I love your Travel pages, those stamps are fab!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes we should enjoy the journey, we make it part of our holiday. Fab pages

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic pages Rachel, I love the colours and the stamps you've used (had my eyes on these for a while now, but not bought them yet).

    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this quote and so true! Fabulous journal page and loving them stamps.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of those stamps on this wonderful journal spread Rachel, great looking background too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A super journal page Rachel, lovely colours and great travel theme.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been eyeing these stamps for a while and the Adventure words too... Glad to see them in action on your pages! Lovely project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great way to use the cityscape images, fab pages Rachel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a terrific background, so full of life and energy - and that fussy-cutting was well worth it to make the cityscapes pop.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really good Rachel, a great choice of stamps, and the stickers work really well xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous journal pages Rachel
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Rachel, your pages are beautiful! Best use of the Tim Holtz stamps :)
    Have a nice day!
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx